Missing Rider in Sacto Area - Alan Porter

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tyler

Miss Demeanor
FJR Supporter
Reaction score
I know we have lots of folks in the Sacramento area so just sharing the info here in case anyone sees anything that might help find this gent. A website is set up here.

SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — A Sacramento man left on a motorcycle ride 10 days ago and hasn’t been seen since he filled up at a gas station. It was pump No. 5 at the 76 station on Alhambra Boulevard where Alan Porter was last seen in video. That video is one of very few clues Sacramento Police have.

Alan’s daughter is desperate to find any information about her father.“You have no idea what that feels like to truly lose somebody and have no information on where they are,” she said. Alan’s wife, Marjorie Porter, says there are still few clues on the retired architect’s whereabouts. “The ATM hasn’t been used, credit cards haven’t been used since that morning,” she said. His family says the 58-year-old loved riding to remote areas. “We know that he loved all of the motorcycle rides in Sacramento, the foothills and even up in the Sierra,” she said.

At 10:11 a.m. on April 29, street cameras picked up Porter leaving his Curtis Park home on his blue 2004 Yamaha. Ten minutes later, grainy gas station video shows him pulling up to the pump at Alhambra and P Streets. That was the last time he was seen. With no cellphone and no note left behind, Porter’s route that day is a mystery. His family is combing maps of his favorite routes. They’ve sent search teams to scour those areas on the ground and in the air.

“We have done our search radius, 100 to 150 miles,” she said. Sacramento Police don’t suspect foul play, but Alan’s family knows something’s wrong. Alan was last seen wearing a black shirt, black pants and a white full-faced helmet. His family is asking anyone who may have seen him to contact them at find.alan.porter(at)gmail.com.

Last edited by a moderator:
Published to my Assistance List twitter feed with a plea to retweet.

This sucks.

Dang...I hope things turn out well for him and his family!

Looks like he's riding the same year FZ6 I used to ride...

Crap, sounds like his home is about two miles away--and he's been missing for over two weeks??? I haven't seen or heard a damn thing about this on the local news. Hoping for a good result.

<p>So sad and possibly preventable. I've done my share of solo riding and at the urging of my Mrs. I got a SPOT device, I use it religiously and although it doesn't report 100% of the time, it would sure cut down the search area if I didn't show up. Nothing but good thoughts for this fellow rider and family. Hope he is found in good shape.</p>

So sad and possibly preventable. I got a SPOT device. I use it religiously and although it doesn't report 100% of the time, it would sure cut down the search area if I didn't show up. Nothing but good thoughts for this fellow rider and family. Hope he is found in good shape.
+ 1

The kids gave me a spot as a Christmas present one year. They don't follow the tracks much, but let me miss sending that OK message to their cell phones and they're all over me!
headbonk.gif

Latest posts