Who tows a trailer with an FJR ?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trapperdick

Reaction score
I have a 2013 FJR 1300 and a small aluminum trailer. I'm debating whether or not to put a hitch on it and towing the trailer. It's handy for camping and once in a while a trip to the store....What are your thoughts. I towed this trailer when I had my Goldwing, but this bike is a whole different animal.........td

Q - Who tows a trailer with a FJR?

A - Silly people.

DSC_0036-L.jpg

I've been thinking about putting a hitch on my '13 FJR and getting one of the micro tent/camping trailers to haul behind me. Just gearing up for the time when I will actually have time to take some lengthy trips.

what hitch do you guys have on your FJR? I've been kinda looking, and not having much luck finding one that is custom fit.

I have a 2013 FJR 1300 and a small aluminum trailer. I'm debating whether or not to put a hitch on it and towing the trailer. It's handy for camping and once in a while a trip to the store....What are your thoughts. I towed this trailer when I had my Goldwing, but this bike is a whole different animal.........td
This bike will handle it just fine. My trailer is a Bushtec and with a Bushtec hitch. You can get their hitch with a ball instead of their pin set up. You will want to put on a isolator systems for the trailer wiring to protect the bike's electrical system.

Here are few shots of mine:

001-1.jpg

Alaska trip 2011

073.jpg

1084IMG_2807a.jpg

Utah 2012

The Burr Trial just below the waterfold (google it) BeamerReamer's and our's.

BurrTrail12.jpg

Panman following us down the waterfold. He has a single wheel trailer

130.jpg

Escalante4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Why rough it in a tent-trailer when you can go with class & style.

a321c11.jpg

canucklehead-biker has/had a real nice pop-up trailer with an extend-out screened room at CFR (Freddy Beach), you may want to ping him.

Last edited by a moderator:
There was a member from north of Seattle that had picked up an older camp trailer and towed it with his 04 fjr. Steven was his name, i think. There was also a blog or a ride report years ago about a Aussie that traveled solo all around Australia with a camp trailer, god I envied him. I don't know if his ride report survived the new software change. Good luck, I know it can be done, I'm towing a trailer to Sparks for the Western Roundup.

The only thing I didn't like about pulling a trailer was that I waited so long to do so.

I pull mine all year round.

Its really convenient to have everything you need.

And to put all your riding gear in the trailer once you get to your destination,

so that you can be comfortable in regular casual wear.

I pull a Bushtec with an upgraded GP suspension. This set up works outstanding.

Pulling a trailer has made my motorcycle traveling much more comfortable without too much sacrifice in performance and fun :)