Festar's Assault

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

festar

Reaction score
Less than 48 hours before I leave OZ for the states for my 9 week assault on the Rockies and Mid-West.

I arrive in Springfield, Missouri late Thursday evening 29th.

I have a Spot 3 so will add a spotwalla link below for anyone interested. ( I hope I have set it up right)

That link won't be active until the 29th.

If you see that I am in your area feel free to nudge me for a meet/ greet/ coffee/ ride etc.

https://spotwalla.com/tripViewer.php?id=98a35360d911c370c

Cheers and hope to meet a lot of new friends

Festar

Welcome to the States!

I lived in Springfield MO for a while, And miss it dearly for the roads. You have your work cut out for you to conquer all of the gems that Missouri and Arkansas have to offer!
clapping.gif

Also, The trek from Missouri to Colorado will be the most boring 800 miles of your life. I don't envy you on THAT ride.

Last edited by a moderator:
Galaxy,

I actually head north to Wisconsin first off then to Colorado so perhaps a lot of that area can be avoided. Either way it's all an adventure and will enjoy it all. Bring it on.

Ken, pics might be hard for me except on Facebook because I am using an iPad so can't plug in a card. See how I go. And as far as Enjoy goes, That's the plan. :p

Festar

First impressions:

People are super friendly, food is very affordable and so happy with the 03 FJR I bought locally. Finalised Insurance and registration today, installed a fuzeblock and power socket. Ready to rock and roll. Big ticket to my new mate Kevin who has been so helpful with getting me settled. I also bought the bike from him and couldnt be happier. It sounds great, not a hint of cam chain rattle. Stay tuned.

Festar

Very cool, have fun, and ride safe. What is your planned route of attack? Coming through northern Utah at all?

So I gather that you flew to the States and bought a used FJR to tour here with? If that is so, are you planning to ship it home, or sell it before you leave? Also, I'm wondering how difficult it was to register and insure the '03 considering your country of residency and driver licensure.

Regardless - I'll be lurking here, looking forward to reading about your adventure.

Let me say, Southern Hospitality is definitely alive and kicking in Missouri, Arkansas and Alabama,

After being very well looked after here in Missouri, by Kevin Houseman I rode down to Marble Falls in Arkansas today at the invitation of a few Alabama fellas to partake in an FJR meet and ride. Also there were others from Wisconsin, Missippippi and Oklahoma. What a great bunch of blokes. We went for a brisk but full days ride around Bull Shoals Lake and left them after a couple of beers in Branson. If this is typical of the people I am to meet and the roads I will ride then this trip will meet my highest expectations.

I wish I could spend more time down here but the show must go on.

God Bless America

So I gather that you flew to the States and bought a used FJR to tour here with? If that is so, are you planning to ship it home, or sell it before you leave? Also, I'm wondering how difficult it was to register and insure the '03 considering your country of residency and driver licensure.
Regardless - I'll be lurking here, looking forward to reading about your adventure.
Hppants,

I did buy the bike from one of the forum members. At this point in time I plan to leave it with another forum member near Los Angeles for an indefinite period. I would love to return. Also a friend from back home plans to come over next year and has shown interest in it.

Buying was less than the cost of renting so whatever happens I'm ahead dollar wise.

Registration was not an issue, the previous owner arranged the inspection certificate before I arrived. When I got here I went to the courthouse to get a waiver/certification that I owed no State back taxes. Then it was a simple matter of buying Insurance then a trip to the Licence Bureau to Register it. Piece of cake.

Very cool, have fun, and ride safe. What is your planned route of attack? Coming through northern Utah at all?
Erixun,

Thanks mate. The only plans to date regarding Utah is From Durango in Colorado I go to Moab, North to Vernal then north east to Yellowstone. If that's near you give me a call.

Cheers

I've often thought about making arrangements with a bike dealer out West. I dunno - say, I agree to buy the new bike, ride it no more than xx miles over the next month, then the dealer will buy it back for $1500 less than I paid for it (or something of the sorts). I too think that this method would be cheaper and it would be a neat way to save 6 days getting from here to there and back. Of course, the farkling would be an issue.

Sorry - no more thread jack from me.

Fester, Where in Wisconsin were you heading? If your in SE Wis. and are looking for a place to stay for a night and any tools, ect. let me know. I'm just West of Milwaukee about 30 miles. Also, next weekend is a great motorcycle event about 75 miles North of here at Road America near Elkart Lake. Motorcycle races, vintage motorcycle stuff and all kinds of great displays and fantastic country to ride in.

Good luck on your riding in the States and keep the shinny side up!

Hornet, Im headed to Merrill in Wisconsin for a couple of days then to Colorado to start my trip north via the Rockies. I appreciate your offer but friends in Merrill await me.

Cheers mate.

Hi festar,

We enjoyed meeting you Saturday and were glad you were able to make it to our little gathering. Wish you could have hung around a little longer but we certainly understood you have places to go and people to see in your 9 weeks of exploration.

From what you've said it doesn't appear you have access to post pics as you go so you'll be relying on those of us you come into contact with to post them for ya. Here's one from our wrap up at the Pub at Ye Olde English Inn located in Hollister, MO.

SFO+2014+011.JPG

Have a great ride my friend and let us know when you are going to be in our area again in the future! Can you say Barber Motor Sports Park and Museum??
winksmiley02.gif

Following your assault and looking forward to meeting you at the Western Roundup. I'll buy you all the beer you want on Don Stanley's tab!

Gregory.

P.S. If you end up in the Redding, CA area (Northern Cal), you have a place for the night.

Following your assault and looking forward to meeting you at the Western Roundup. I'll buy you all the beer you want on Don Stanley's tab!

Gregory.

P.S. If you end up in the Redding, CA area (Northern Cal), you have a place for the night.
+1, Gunny; Papa Chuy Viejo is definitely looking forward to buying you a Foster's in Sparks, NV, beware of Gregory due to his being a known Goat Fornicator!

fosters-beer-and-girls-demotivational-poster-1276364845.jpg

Shortly after festar's arrival at SFO, festar (left), Kevin Houseman (vest & do-rag), and LA2Wheeler (right) had to listen to a sermon from FJRBandit before mounting up for our run around Bull Shoals Lake.

DSCN8910_zpsa76e9101.jpg

Safe travels, festar, I'll be following your SPOT!