Ok, I am finally coming through California

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

n2osx

Reaction score
So, on the way to the Reuben Run we are doing a bit of a loop.

https://goo.gl/maps/u78fJ

I was hoping for a couple at the Reuben Run but they way it pans out it is not possible.

I will be on the FJR 2 up with Amy, friend on the FZ6 and another friend on a brand new Triumph Trophy.

Ok all of you degenterates and ladies, I finally have an updated map and spotwalla tracking. We are leaving tomorrow morning and will end up at the Reuben Run

08/28 Home to Eureka (Camping)
08/29 Eureka to San Francisco (Hotel)
08/30 Stay in San Francisco Going to Alcatraz (Hotel)
08/31 San Francisco to Valencia 6 Flags (Hotel)
09/01 Stay in 6 Flags (Hotel)
09/02 6 Flags to Yosemite (Camping)
09/03 Stay in Yosemite (Camping)
09/04 Yosemite to Lassen (Camping)
09/05 Lassen to Summer Lake Hot Springs (Camping)
09/06 Summer Lake Hot Springs to La Pine (Camping)
09/07 La Pine to home (Aahhh My own bed!)

https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=2...16,20&t=m&z=10

Join us if you see us coming by. Just give me the 1 finger solute so I know it's one of you @ss holes! lol

https://spotwalla.com/tripViewer.php?id=b17d53fcbd5821539

Carl

Last edited by a moderator:
The hot springs at summer lake can get busy so make arrangements ahead. See you for a Reuben.

Heck of a route to hit La Pine!
flirt.gif

Now, hopefully my vacation plans this year don't happen like that last vacation that I planned. About 5 years ago I planned my first actual 10 real paid vacation. 4 days before the trip I was on my way to work when someone pulled out in front of me and my '05 FJR where I wound up in the hospital for 2 weeks with broken pelvis and 2 broken vertebra.

Give holler when you come to Eureka!, I will come down and have a beer, Be sure to check out the "Black Lightening motorcycle café" on Highway 101 at F st., its very unique with some vintage bikes on display.

FWFE

Give holler when you come to Eureka!, I will come down and have a beer, Be sure to check out the "Black Lightening motorcycle café" on Highway 101 at F st., its very unique with some vintage bikes on display.FWFE
FWFE, I will definately let you know when we get down there. I can't wait to check out that cafe'. We are probably going to camp down there to save a little bit of cash, do you know of a good place close to town? We will be getting down to Eureka on the evening of the 28th and leaving the next morning.

...We are probably going to camp down there to save a little bit of cash, do you know of a good place close to town?
Eddie will likely offer more informed suggestions, but there is a very clean, nicely-managed KOA just north of town, right off 101.

I think tent sites are $35 - $40.

It's not wilderness camping, but it's convenient in every way. They've also got those KOA Kabin thingies (with heaters/bunks/porch), should you find yourself not in the mood to sleep on the ground.

…and the entire campground is air-conditioned!
biggrin.png

Have a great trip.

Last edited by a moderator:
There are BEAUTIFUL state parks all over that area. Patrick's Point State Park, for example, is where they filmed scenes from "Jurassic Park--the Lost World." Right on the coast a few miles north of Eureka. State parks cost almost as much as a KOA now, dammit, but much more like camping. They'll have showers etc. too.

Thank you guys. I know I won't have a problem finding a place. I figure that if worse came to worse, I would just knock on somebody's door and say "I want to talk to you about the book of Mormon..." and then I know they won't open their door till noon the next day. I'll put my tent in their yard and I'll be off in the AM! FarWestFastEddie, where do you live again...? lol

Skip Eureka by taking 299 East at Arcata. Turn South on 3 then West on 36. Please do not drive by 3 and 36. You can thank me later.

We have been contemplating that route as well. We were planning to leaving Eureka and getting to San Francisco and adding that to our trip adds about 4 hours.

Old Michael is correct, the KOA is very clean and comfortable, only 4 miles north of town on 101. The Blacklighting Motorcycle Café in on F st. between 101 NB/SB aka 4th and 5th st. Lost Coast Brewery is on 4th st, 101 SB at G st.

Or just swing by my little place at 2nd and M sts. large fenced yard, perfectly manicured lawn, 120 year old 3-4 story Victorian known as the Carson Mansion. just throw your tents up on the lawn and wander in and say hello!

FWFE

Old Michael is correct, the KOA is very clean and comfortable, only 4 miles north of town on 101. The Blacklighting Motorcycle Café in on F st. between 101 NB/SB aka 4th and 5th st. Lost Coast Brewery is on 4th st, 101 SB at G st. Or just swing by my little place at 2nd and M sts. large fenced yard, perfectly manicured lawn, 120 year old 3-4 story Victorian known as the Carson Mansion. just throw your tents up on the lawn and wander in and say hello!

FWFE
Sounds good. And for a thank you, I will pee your name on nice grass. You know, it's because I appreciate the hospitality!

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="James Burleigh" data-cid="1173714" data-time="1409421425"><p>

<a href='https://youtu.be/PNJ9fZw_DOU'>Dude, you in town</a>???</p></blockquote>

I am. We got in last night. Doing the Alcatraz tour tonight at 6:30. Leaving tomorrow.