SFO 2014 - The Redux, September 25th-28th at The HUB

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FJRBandit

Reaction score
Thanks to everyone that attended SFO last week! There were a few that couldn't make it due to the conflicting date with SWFOG and others that just simply couldn't come for various reasons. Well, here's your chance again! We had an executive committee meeting of eight this year and decided that after multiple years of having at least one day rained out maybe the Spring wasn't the best time for us to have SFO. We're going back to the SFO roots and we're going to give the Fall a chance in the Ozarks. But since none of us can wait another 18 months to go back, we decided to have an SFO 2014 - Redux September 25th-28th. Yep, you heard it right, we're going back to The HUB in the Fall this year.

There is a large gathering in Fayetteville, AR known as "Bikes, Blues & BBQ" the last weekend of September. https://www.bikesbluesandbbq.org/ So we thought we would coordinate it around that weekend. Fayetteville is just under 90 miles and about 2 hours from The HUB. So here's your chance to incorporate a little riding with the perfect mix of a classic Southern festival featuring Blues and BBQ. This should be large!

Also, with NAFO being held the week before in La Crosse, WI, we thought this just might be the perfect opportunity for some of you who've never ridden the Ozarks to come on down and see what you've been missing. The only drawback is that is also the weekend of EOM. Our apologies to the EOM guys for piling on that date. We'll do our best not to do that next year. Since a few CFO guys come to SFO we plan to wait for CFO to announce their date next year and then either go one week ahead or the week after. Hopefully EOM can be on a successive weekend as well. That way, those that want to patch two of the meets together can do that - or even three if you are retired and just plain ole' independently wealthy like we all aspire to be.

As for this year, we spoke with Debbie and while The HUB is almost sold out that weekend she has been kind enough to reserve six rooms for us, so I went ahead and put them in my name. I think we can get a few more if we act quickly. Please do not call her directly for reservations as the rooms are not necessarily "available". If you are interested in coming, just send me a PM and let me know you'd like to attend. If you have someone you would like to share a room with, let me know that as well.

Once I get an idea of how many and who will be attending I'll assist with coordinating room shares, if necessary. If the demand is strong enough I'll talk with Debbie about holding us a few more rooms. Try to let me know by the end of June at the latest if you think you can make it. We'll plan to get everything nailed down in early July. So please do not delay, let me know as soon as possible, as Debbie said she fully expects to be sold out that weekend.

See you at The Redux in September!

Last edited by a moderator:
OK gang, we're only two months out now. We're set for September 25th-28th at The Hub in Marble Falls, Arkansas.

Looks like we are on go with roughly the same group that was at The Hub in May, plus a couple new attendees. I presume that our local tour guides, Glory Racing and fjrmgm will be joining us as well.

We have six rooms reserved and can accommodate a couple more folks by coordinating room shares if necessary. Also, Debbie said that she might be able to add a room or two for us. So if you are interested in joining us post up, either here or send me a PM.

Well looks like I will probably be attending. Hope to see all the usual suspects again.
tonguesmiley.gif

GP

That's great to hear GP!

I spoke with Debbie last night and she told me that a group that had 10 rooms reserved may be backing out. So I was able to lock down two more rooms and can probably get more, if needed.

As it stands right now the attendees include.

FJRbandit

Pegsparks

LA2Wheeler

GPRIDER

Confederado

Cornbread

Winewhisperer

LA2Wheeler has three guys coming with him and Cornbread has a buddy that's going to join us as well. Our local guides Glory Racing and FJRMGM will probably poke their head in too!

If anyone else would like to join us just send me a PM. Since our room space is somewhat limited I am coordinating room shares, or allocating private rooms if requested and available.

Yeah me too.
sadsmiley.gif
EOM got in the way.....
smile.png
Yeah, hate you can't make it Petey. We discussed that issue when we're coming up with the date. It was unfortunate, but we wanted to do it in conjunction with the Blues and BBQ going on in Fayetteville that weekend. We also hoped that with CFO hosting NAFO the week before it might give some of our Left Coast compadres who had never been to the Ozarks a chance to hit it on the way back out West. None of those have chimed in so far, but there's still time!
rolleyes.gif

Next year we're going to wait until both EOM and CFO announce their dates. Then we'll try to set it up on either side of each to give people a chance to hit two, or even three if they are among the few fortunate souls able to pull off things like that.

All in all, It's shaping up nicely for us. Especially now that we have an opportunity to get more rooms.
punk.gif

Little quiet around here. Well it's only two weeks and we will be back in Arky. I'm ready to hit those roads.

GP

It's not even two weeks Gary. It's ten days out now!

I just got back from two amazing weeks in Ecuador. ( https://fjrbandit.blogspot.com is where I blogged the trip if anyone is interested in checking that out) Point is, I have a mountain of excrement on my desk at work I have to get caught up on first. But as soon as I get things in order here I'll post up a short update later in the week. Off the top of my head I believe our headcount is around 12 and we have 8 rooms. With the room shares that are set up I believe everyone that wanted a private room will have one. If anyone who had previously planned to make it has had a change of plans please let me know via email or PM asap, as I need to firm up the rooms and let Debbie at the The Hub know if we have any changes. Also, if there's anyone that's been on the fence, now is the time to let me know, as we could possibly still fit a couple more in.

Looks like some beautiful weather setting up for this week. Let's hope the trend continues for the Ozarks next week.

OK gang - I'm really pumped up about heading to the Ozarks next week. i hope everybody else is too. WEATHER is looking PERFECTO!!! FINALLY an SFO with perfect weather! They said it couldn't be done.
rolleyes.gif

So this is the head count I have with room shares or private room listed:

FJRbandit - room share with Pegsparks or private room if necessary to fill the allotted 8 rooms

Pegsparks - room share w/FJRBandit or private room if necessary to fill the allotted 8 rooms

LA2Wheeler - triple reserved for LA2Wheeler and three others (can split up if they'd like and utilize the additional room)

GPRIDER - private

Confederado - private

Cornbread - room share with his buddy coming with him

Winewhisperer - private (waiting on confirmation via FJRForum PM, but you know he's in)

sevensOn - private (waiting on confirmation, he was more than tentative in late August)

Our local guides Glory Racing and FJRMGM will probably poke their head in too!

LA2Wheeler has three guys coming with him and Cornbread has a buddy that's going to join us as well.

We have eight rooms reserved and currently have seven spoken for. If anyone else is interested in joining us, it's now or never.

Any questions or late adds, feel free to call or text me @ 205-540-2238

Myself and two others in the three bed room. We will head that way early Thursday morning. I've been watching the forecasts and the weekend is looking F-I-N-E !!!

Thanks Turk, for working that out.

Of course I am in. I sent Turk a PM and I will be riding my new 2014 BMW S1000R. Long range weather forecasts look perfect!!
smile.png
smile.png
smile.png
smile.png
smile.png
smile.png

Hey guys Frank here, 50 year old newbie in Lavaca, AR. I have Sunday off from work and want to go for a ride and this is a good chance to meet some of ya'all. Any schedule for Sunday riding in case I can make it join you for a Sunday ride?

I get off work at midnight on Saturday so riding out to the Hub is not an option for me. I do live 60 miles from Fayetville though.

Thanks and looking forward to a Sunday ride.

Frank

Well...the weather for this weekend looks absolutely perfect with 0% chance of rain. Therefore I am assuming this SFO event will be cancelled???

You're all over it Glory! Since this isn't weather fit for an SFO there's just no need to even waste our time in the Ozarks this weekend. See you guys next year.
flirt.gif

Frankko.... unfortunately most, if not all, will be headed out fairly early Sunday morning headed back to our homelands. You may have to call in sick Saturday... don't you feel a cough coming on????
uhoh.gif

I'll see if someone wants to trade sat for sun. I haven't called in sick in the last 9 years. Lol

What's the plan for Saturday?

I have had some 'chores' hit the to do list so unfortunately I will now not be able to ride on Friday. :-( Still planning on some Saturday twisty goodness fun though. :)

We'll probably run over to Fayetteville Friday and check out the Blues and BBQ. So set up a good twisty run for us for Saturday. Maybe Frankko will catch a cold before then and be able to join us.
not_i.gif