Pipestem State Park Resort in early Sept 2014

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spklbuk

Reaction score
Pipestem in early Sept.

WHEN: We are planning a meet-and-ride at Pipestem State Park Resort near Princeton, WV the weekend of Sept 5-7.

WHY: It has come to my attention that my friend and all around good guy Mr. El Toro Joe Fackelmann and I have one more thing in common than I knew about yesterday. We both have birthdays on the same weekend in early Sept. Joe on Sat 6th and Jim on Sun 7th. It sounded like the perfect time for me and Joe to go riding and invite everyone to come along.

So come join Joe and me and help us celebrate our birthdays. If you don’t like me and Joe enough to care, it's ok; just call it an opportunity to burn the last vestiges of tread off those tires that you were going to change before heading to Maggie Valley! Or see it as a FODS 2015 prequel.

Everyone is welcome. Come join in the fun!

LODGING: We are gaging interest in reserving cottages (they are available for 2-night rental that time of year) and of course there is plenty of camping. If folks split a cabin, it works out to nearly the price of camping with way less to haul. OK, less camping gear to haul and more room to bring Joe’s presents  He prefers fine cigars and good bourbon!

ROUTES: Posted here:, something for everyone whatever your choice of rides!

If you plan to attend, please post up (Joe needs to know how much room to leave in his saddlebags to take home his presents).

If you are interested in pitching in to rent a cabin(s), please speak up. We should reserve them ASAP.

I'll split a cabin with ya Jim.
punk.gif

And yes Heidi...now you can call me a cabin pussy too.
tease.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Joe, it's not like I'd never sleep in a cabin... Remember, we stayed in one @ Hungry Mother State Park. When we were leaving the park on Sunday morning it was 16 degrees?

I probably wouldn't be up for this trip since I'm already taking vacation time @ EOM. Then there's leaf peeping shortly thereafter.... but who knows.

Joe, it's not like I'd never sleep in a cabin... Remember, we stayed in one @ Hungry Mother State Park. When we were leaving the park on Sunday morning it was 16 degrees?
I probably wouldn't be up for this trip since I'm already taking vacation time @ EOM. Then there's leaf peeping shortly thereafter.... but who knows.
Heidi...I don't think I'll ever forget that trip...or Sharon's ninja skills
ph34r2.gif

It's only a weekend thing...hope you can make it.

We are looking to fill some cottages...or you can also camp...who's in?

A 4 bedroom cottage works out to $35 per night, if split 4 ways.

This from Jim Meadows (spklbuk)...

Dammit. It would appear that I have screwed the pooch. Pipestem is booked to hellanbach. I had no clue, have never had issues with any WV state park until now.

New venue is down the road 11.5 miles at Bluestone State Park.

Repeat the gathering will be Bluestone in early Sept NOT Pipestem.

Nice place, more secluded but not nearly as popular as the resort parks. Does not change the riding to any appreciable degree. Downside is no food service on the premises. But cabins are fully furnished including a kitchen. Phukin' golfers must like Sept at Pipestem too.

Hope this does not put a kink in anyone's plans. My sincerest apologies.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's all the pics I got...I think Jim got some others...and I know he doesn't frequent this forum as much as the other, anymore.

All of those pictures are taken in VA Joe. No WV pics, eh?