Ride to L.A. in early July--Would like to see some forum friends

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

James Burleigh

Reaction score
I anticipate taking a trip from the Bay Area to Los Angeles the first week of July to visit my stepfather in Palos Verdes (he's 79), visit old haunts (PVHS), and take a dip in the ocean. I would probably go down US 101 (lunch, dCarver?) and return via I-5.

And I would like the chance to visit local forum friends. I anticipate staying in Redondo Beach-ish.

I would ride down Sunday or Monday, June 29-30, returning Thursday, July 3. (Sunday would mean not having to split 30 miles of freeway at evening rush hour, something I've lost my appetite for....
cry.gif
)

The last time I came down I had a great dinner in (I think) Manhattan Beach with a group of locals. And next day Fairlaner took me on a wild ride over Palos Verdes to San Pedro. That was a good day.

JB

Last edited by a moderator:
You mean the one by the Newport Pier? Spent my entire youth down on the beach in Newport - lot's of eye candy right outside if you pull yourself away from the beer mugs.... Highly recommended!

Would you two go have a beer for me at Blackie's By the Sea? One of my favorite dives... you know, a cash only joint.
Do they have live entertainment? (The kind where, you know, dollar bills might be useful to have?
blushing.gif
)

you are in luck Hans.......Karen will be gone all week....bring some dollar bills with you
smile.png

R
We win....
rolleyes.gif

JB, I'll be out of town, doing the Western FJR riders thing in Sparks..

I'll be riding home that day in order to ASSume the nuclear football.

Sure would like to see and talk with you again, but it aint happening that weekend.

Sorry.

On a better note, let's plan a weekend in your hood on motorbikes, me, Shauna, you...

JB, I'll be out of town, doing the Western FJR riders thing in Sparks.. I'll be riding home that day in order to ASSume the nuclear football.

Sure would like to see and talk with you again, but it aint happening that weekend.

Sorry.

On a better note, let's plan a weekend in your hood on motorbikes, me, Shauna, you...
Would love a get-together up in my hood--lots to see up here as you know. And we could put you up too now that we are empty-nesters. Let's make a plan.

Sorry I'll miss seeing you when I ride down to L.A. (Isn't Sparks the following weekend though?)

JB