It's Not a BMW, Honest!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoCalFJR1300

Reaction score
Ok that does it!

I have to get a set of YAMAHA stickers to put on each side of my fairing. (Red to go with the black)

Too many people think it's a BMW when I stop for gas!
rolleyes.gif

"Nice Beemer"

What year is your BMW, it's gorgeous!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Let them think what they want. We have enough FJR owners already and they couldn't spell Yamaha anyway.
smile.png

It's happened a few times with the FJR's

"What a great looking bike, which BMW blah blah ..."

When I bought the Triumph Trophy, even BMW riders were waving, had dozen or more comments the 3 months I owned it.

It had all the similar flaws of the BMW's so I sold it lol lol.

The most common gas station remark to me on my Black 2009 is: "What a beautiful bike, it's a BMW right?.

Bill

I've gotten the "is that a BMW?" question about the FJR too. Funniest was "Is that a Harley?" and pointed at my bright yellow 2000 VFR. WTF ?!?

Now with the NInja 1000, fitted with sidecase carriers, "Do you stunt? Is that why you have those bars on the back of the bike?"...
fool.gif

Confusion galore among the peasants. I had these Hondas, in succession over a period of 19 years: a ST1100, ST1300, another ST1300, a NT700.

For every single one of these, at some point, more than one person though I was riding a Honda Pacific Coast
fool.gif

Confusion galore among the peasants. I had these Hondas, in succession over a period of 19 years: a ST1100, ST1300, another ST1300, a NT700.
For every single one of these, at some point, more than one person though I was riding a Honda Pacific Coast
fool.gif
Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah, but you cant blame them for that!!

Lol!!!

Just got told that last Friday at a gas station, waiting for my buddy, also riding a 2008 FJR. "Nice BMW"........"Uh, thanks, but it's a Yamaha". Talked to the guy for a while, and he OWNS a GS BMW! Must have been from the low end of the intelligence scale.

(Even though he was in his car, I made sure to not invite him on a ride, since he's obviously dim)