National rally

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jabber

Reaction score
Are there any plans or desires to attend a national FJR Rally, located somewhere in the central U.S. region? I am thinking of somewhere around St. Louis, Memphis, or Kansas City. If this is not possible, is there such a thing as a Yamaha "Star" Rally with FJR oriented vendors, events, etc.? Jabber

There is planning for a national FJR event in Colorado in 2008. I read about it while perusing the WFO section of this board.

See post #23 of THIS THREAD

Last edited by a moderator:
There is planning for a very large FJR event in Colorado in 2008. I read about it while perusing the WFO section of this board.
Apparently, with the numbers of people expected, the venue needs to be reserved very far in advance. In addition, I understand they are trying to get Yamaha on board to sponsor said event. I'll try to find the link where I read it, but I think it was WarChild that was working on it.
Good on ya Warchild, although I heard that this one was in Utah, Park City I think. What abnout 2007? Jabber

Good on ya Warchild, although I heard that this one was in Utah, Park City I think. What abnout 2007? Jabber
WFO-6 is in Park City in June of 2007. What he's talking about is the possibility of a National in some place like Colorado a year later in 2008.

No plans for a National in 2007 that I'm aware of. In all likelihood a true National (or North American) event would need cooperation, interest, and work from all the various regional events to happen.

Meanwhile, pick from a variety of successful Regional Gatherings including a newly planned Canadian FJR Rally

From what I understand, 2007 was suppose to be the first national rally but due to other forces it didnt happen. The first national meet is now tenatively scheduled to happen in 2008 in Colorado.

WFO-6 is in Park City in June of 2007. What he's talking about is the possibility of a National in some place like Colorado a year later in 2008.

No plans for a National in 2007 that I'm aware of. In all likelihood a true National event would need cooperation and work from all the various regional gatherings to happen.

Dammit! You pressed "Add reply" faster than I did!

Dude, did you miss the word, 'inaugural' in WC's post?

in·au·gu·ral Pronunciation (n-ôgyr-l)

adj.

1. Of, relating to, or characteristic of an inauguration.

2. Initial; first: the inaugural issue of a magazine.

No National this year (2007). Inaugural National is tentatively in 2008, Dever, CO. WFO6 is in Park City Utah.

Sheesh, I feel like Iggy! :blink:

Edit: Damn, these arthritic fingers are slowing me down!

Some people just need the limelight (read egos stroked ) more then others.....so some things take longer....tis the way of life....

It comes from administering something...whether it be a forum or a big event like WFO-6. Wait until somebody comes up to you in Park City and asks why there aren't 14 Yamaha semis full of bikes and scantily clad women because they read somewhere that it's the National.

...scantily clad women...
Oh, crap! I forgot to tell you! I've tasked chickey with that since he's always linking to them... ;)

And the first person that does ask me that question will be responsible for making that happen in '08!

I'm guessing most people haven't read post 23 of the thread I posted....

It comes from administering something...whether it be a forum or a big event like WFO-6. Wait until somebody comes up to you in Park City and asks why there aren't 14 Yamaha semis full of bikes and scantily clad women because they read somewhere that it's the National.
14?? Just one semi full of scantily clad women would be pretty ok too! :)

Potentially the last weekend of July....contingent upon being the weekend after Lagnua Seca.

This is all discussed now in this thread.

Potentially the last weekend of July....contingent upon being the weekend after Lagnua Seca.
This is all discussed now in this thread.
Well, all is discussed there except for the scantily clad women.... and I'm too old to gather up a collection of them (or even one) so I'll be quiet now. ;)

Where the hell is chickey, anyway?
You mean the Chicken Lady?

250px-Chickenlady.jpg