Single Track Tree Crash in Cherokee, NC

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I would absolutely love to do some riding like this (without the tree mishap). Problem is I don't have the bike or any good trails like this around where I live...

I think I would absolutely love to do some riding like this (without the tree mishap). Problem is I don't have the bike or any good trails like this around where I live...
I just got into it a year or so ago and I would have said the same thing about having no trails, but when we started just riding around and looking for them we started to see them. Roads and trails we passed a million times on street bikes and never noticed.

I had no idea all of this was out there until I started slowing down to look for it. Its an interesting feeling to ride by some dirt road and just decide to check it out. Most of them end at a dead end, but some just keep splitting off to other ones!

Yup, off road riding is very addicting! I did notice that you folks in NC are missing something, dirt! It appears you guys have a nice combo of grass and leaves to ride on and keep the dust down. The Bugman and I were just discussing today that the CA dust this year seems to be the worst in a decade.

Plenty of good fun up here in the Morganton - Lenoir area as well. If you're ever up this way give me a hollar.
https://vimeo.com/92831155
Definitely looks like some cool riding. When it first started it looked like a place we dubbed "3 Rivers", but it wasn't. We are definitely within riding distance to hang out one day though.

From 50 years of off-road experience I can definitely tell you that it is hardly ever the first tree that takes you out. Normally you just clip the first tree and that sends you dead on into the second one. I just had the forks on the WR450 revalved and am itching to get the bike back together to see if they work better in the sand whoops we have around here.

Man Bill are you ever getting old.... last time we were together to said you had 40 years experience. No wonder I won't get as good as you. LOL