Ride I am currently on, Long Days

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldyamaguy

Reaction score
Here is the link to a ride that I am currently on. It is a lot of long days but has been a lot of fun. I am not sure how smat I was to stop and take photos of grizzlies at 45 feet though. Seemed like a good idea at the time. Enjoy the read.

ac2014blog.wordpress.com

Link assist: Arctic Circle 2014

@Nathan, I really like your blog format. Very simple and informative without getting all wordy and prosaic. It looks like you boys have a fully packed agenda for your 2 week vacation ride. Enjoy the trip! Looks like you are having a great time so far.

One little question for you: It appears that you have fit the rear ends of the two bikes with some sort of extra wide splash guards? That seems like a great idea, what with all of the wet gravel roads in YT and AK. Where did you get the idea, and how is it working out for you? Maybe there is room for even more improvement on the design for those folks intending on doing the same trip some time in the future.

Have fun, guys! I'll be checking in on your blog for the rest of your ride.

Last edited by a moderator:
The wide plates are actually for stickers from the states and provedences that we pass through. after the ride they will hang in the garage as a souvenir. The mud gaurd thing is a secondary benefit that we didn't think about.

The wide plates are actually for stickers from the states and provedences that we pass through. after the ride they will hang in the garage as a souvenir. The mud gaurd thing is a secondary benefit that we didn't think about.
laugh.png
Double duty... Gotta love that!

(I didn't think about the stickers. A lot of the ADV types just stick them all over their bikes or side bags. I like your idea a lot better
wink.png
)

Wow! What an adventure! Jealous but thrilled for you. Anxious to continue reading and enjoying your pics. I also like the mudgaurd/sticker plate idea.

Just a quick update about the blog. My brother was keeping the blog going. While we were in Fairbanks his daughter passed away. He flew home. I stored his bike and started the long ride home solo. He will return and complete the ride in a few weeks in his daughters memory. Thanks for watching and wish him luck. Kevin