2014 ES - Side Panel Color Option

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZOOOMM AGAIN

Reaction score
Iris and I put our creative minds together and came up with this color scheme for our side panels and below tank panel wrap. We had a local painter do it.

DSC03037_zps83109544.jpg
DSC03038_zpsf345ba31.jpg
DSC03040_zpsce8b2e6f.jpg
DSC03051_zps55a7aae6.jpg
DSC03047_zpsaffc6a57.jpg
IMG_0640_zpsf6b7698b.jpg

Looks like the angles on the checkers match the angles on the bike perfectly - nicely done!

I'm going to try to tie dye the whole bike. Anyone got a crapload of bleach and a large bucket?

I think the checkers fits you guys to a "T". Pretty cool and unique, It sets your bike(s) apart Jim (and Iris) from the now plentiful Red '14s. Nice job by your painter, bet it looks even better in person... and maybe hopefully soon again?!

-KJ

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it would look better if you got rid of the white squared area where it says FJR.

The contrast of the checkered areas and the white throws it off somehow, just my opinion though.

^^^

The original plan was for the silver to remain the same color. The "white" that you speak of is actually silver, but a different, lighter shade.

I expressed my concern with the guy who painted it and he is going to match (for no additional cost) the other white looking area to the surrounding original silver.

It's funny that after we took the photos, I thought to myself that in the photos the pattern looks much 'busier'.

It does look better in person. I really like it, but some of the posts here have certainly made me laugh out loud: ie Steak n Shake.

I've not seen one in person but based on the always-orange-ish looking color in all the pics I'd say I'm not a fan of it either. Even if it's more red I think Mammy Yammy blew it on this one.