Tubac Arts Festival, Hotel Congress and Pima Air/Space Museum

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beemerdons

Certifiable Old Fart
Reaction score
A great future overnight Southwest FJR Forumites ride was discussed yesterday by Brian "El Jefe" Boles and Papa Chuy Viejo, Tubac Arts Festival on February 7, spend that Saturday night at the Hotel Congress in Tucson and then tour the Pima Air and Space Museum on Sunday 2/8/15.

https://www.tubacaz.com/organizer/tubac-chamber-of-commerce-5/

https://hotelcongress.com

hotel-congress-bb-lg.jpg
amyrude_congresspatio011.jpg

One of the real treats of staying at the Hotel Congress is having dinner at the Cup Cafe and drinking in their cocktail lounge while watching live entertainment.

I have had all of these Entrees over the years:

ENTRÉES
JAMBALAYA 21
Andoullie sausage, chicken, and shrimp simmered in a spicy creole sauce, serve with Cajun rice

PAN SEARED RUBY TROUT 21
roasted seasonal vegetables, orzo, herbs, grilled asparagus and smoked yellow pepper vinaigrette topped with confit local tomatoes

CHICKEN & GNOCCHI 19
pan-seared chicken breast stuffed with mushroom duxelle and goad cheese; Madeira wine sauce, butternut gnocchi, shallots, spinach, roasted wild mushrooms and fines herbes

DUCK TWO WAYS 25
confit duck leg and pan seared breast, whipped yams, shallots, haricot vert, Bing Cherry gastrigue

https://www.pimaair.org The Pima Air and Space Museum is open from 0900 to 1700 hours, you will need all eight hours to view this incredible aircraft collection! yamafitter - Billy Fitz flew this Hawker Hurricane for the Canadian Air Force in 1939!

British_Hawker_Hurricane_-_Pima_Air_amp_Space_Museum.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Been to the Pima Air & Space museum a couple of times (when I lived on the west coast), and highly recommend it!! It's even better now that they have more indoor exhibit space. The first time I went it was almost entirely out in the desert sun.

I LOVE the Hotel Congress cocktail lounge!
+1, Gunny; Tiger the Bartender has been serving drinks there for fifty years, tus Papa Chuy Viejo has been drinking in The Tap Room for twenty-five years! Drink up Shriners, the Convention is only half over! jes' sayin' and nuff said, eh!

Last edited by a moderator:
A great future overnight AZ Beemers Club ride was discussed yesterday, Tubac Arts Festival on February 7, spend that Saturday night at the Hotel Congress in Tucson and then tour the Pima Air and Space Museum on Sunday 2/8/15.

A great suggestion. I would add that the Titan Missile Museum will be on the way back from Tubac and is an interesting tour as well. While at the PASM you can also purchase a tour of the Boneyard.

The boneyard just received two "Janets". They are the early model 737s that ferried workers from McCarren to Area 51 - call sign Janet.

10491352_727984687239877_6690361708779029841_o.jpg

Latest posts