2014 FJR "A" Pricing? What did you pay?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deagle

Reaction score
I am so close to putting a deposit down on a 2014 FJR A model. The dealer that I have purchased from in the past (and at very good prices), say they cannot touch the quote I received from another dealer. I am talking a major gap. He said no way they can sell me this bike for that much.

Anyone give me an idea of "PRETAX" out the door what they paid for their new 2014 FJRa? If you must include your true out the door price including tax, include your tax rate so I can compare apples to apples (or FJR's to FJR's).

I am a little concerned that this deal is too good to be true. I will be happy to disclose the place and price after I pick it up. I'm just shocked that there is such a difference between places.

Please, no ES models. I understand those are selling well and discounts not as available. Even the place I talked to would not deal near as much on an ES.

(man am I nervous.......)

Thanks all!

On November 15, 2013 I paid $15,000 + $400 in freight and setup for a total of $15,400. Tax, license and doc fees extra.

Hope this helps.

Dan

In April, my dealer quoted $13.9k delivered price for a 2013. Price included 6% Michigan sales tax.

Similar to your situation other dealers couldn't touch the price...but I wanted to hold out for better.

The 13 was sold and I lost the opportunity. The dealer then offered a 14 for $13.9 + Tax. Unfortunately the 14 color doesn't speak to me.

I ended up flying to California to buy a gently used bike from a member here. Tons of extras, great price and fun ride home.

If the 14 is what you want and you feel you have a good price (at the moment ) jump on it so you don't lose it. Just know that 14 prices will start to drop as riding season dwindles to a close.

Two local dealer here have 2014A's for $12,999 + 600 freight/setup = $13,599.

I have a deposit down for a 2014A at $12,488. New in crate. Fly and ride type thing. Pay tax, license, registration, etc when I get back to Michigan. Seems to good to be true. But I have vin # and contract in hand. The bike is my ride home so hope this deal is the real thing and goes thru.​

Note the price above is $11,999 plus $488 dealer fees (doc, freight, prep). Supposedly no other fee's. Other dealers say no way they can sell it for that. I'll know more Saturday.

I have a deposit down for a 2014A at $12,488. New in crate. Fly and ride type thing. Pay tax, license, registration, etc when I get back to Michigan. Seems to good to be true. But I have vin # and contract in hand. The bike is my ride home so hope this deal is the real thing and goes thru.
I've seen some '13A's at that price locally but the '14A's are usually $1,000 higher. Hope it is real! What dealer and where are they located? Maybe someone here can vouch for their prices.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a deposit down for a 2014A at $12,488. New in crate. Fly and ride type thing. Pay tax, license, registration, etc when I get back to Michigan. Seems to good to be true. But I have vin # and contract in hand. The bike is my ride home so hope this deal is the real thing and goes thru.​

Wow! Did he steal it? I don't see how they are selling it for that either. That is under dealer cost as far as I know.

What I found a couple years ago when looking was the same situation. One dealer offering the bike for $1000 less than anyone else. No other dealer could come close. I was like how can you do that? I was told even though the bike had zero miles it was a demo unit that the dealer never let out to demo. The dealer was getting credit from Yamaha on the bike for using it as a demo. While this might be wrong on the dealers part I did not care as the bike had zero miles and had full warranty. I bought it and have been extremely happy with it.

I should have posted earlier (i instead started a new thread).

But yes, I did pick up the bike for $12,488 total two weeks ago. I did pay my state tax, title, and registration fees at my dmv when I got back to Michigan. The bike was new and shiny and waiting .

The dealer was Don and Roys in Brookfield and my sales guy was Mike.

No one could touch their price. I probably would not have bought a new FJR but at this price I could not pass it up. The dealership was great, the bike is fantastic. But then again, so is my 2008. Hard bike to beat.

What I found a couple years ago when looking was the same situation. One dealer offering the bike for $1000 less than anyone else. No other dealer could come close. I was like how can you do that? I was told even though the bike had zero miles it was a demo unit that the dealer never let out to demo. The dealer was getting credit from Yamaha on the bike for using it as a demo. While this might be wrong on the dealers part I did not care as the bike had zero miles and had full warranty. I bought it and have been extremely happy with it.
I believe that 100% but I am not complaining about the bike I bought :)

Latest posts