Best slip-on exhaust to buy?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RM24

Reaction score
I just bought my first FJR today. It has stock exhaust and I want to get something different. Just wondering what everybody is running out there. And what is the best 'bang' for the buck?

Probably whatever floats your boat. It's just noise. I have Staintunes cause they were cheap used.

RM,

Congratulations and welcome to the forum. Staintunes on mine thanks to a great price from my buddy SkooterG on this forum many moons ago. Stainless inside and out and no gaudy straps. Pricey new, though. And contrary to what FJRay said above, you would probably disagree that they were "cheap" if you were lucky enough to find a set used. He must have gotten a once in a lifetime deal. It does happen, but don't plan on it. Anyway, my opinion on "best bang for the buck" is: don't buy anything new. Watch our classifieds on this forum for a used set to come up. It won't take long. Or simply post a "Wanted" ad. Here's the deal: ya buy quality at a great price, use 'em for a few years, then recycle them back into the forum. That way we keep all these farkles in the family and everybody goes home happy.
smile.png

FWIW, you better be posting back in this thread to let us know what cha decide...

Gary

darksider #44

Last edited by a moderator:
Best "Bang for the Buck" is DELKAVIC.

You can get two NEW cans for a fraction of what other brands cost.

I bought a SET of polished cans last year for less than $300.00 shipping included.

Best "Bang for the Buck" is DELKAVIC.
You can get two NEW cans for a fraction of what other brands cost.

I bought a SET of polished cans last year for less than $300.00 shipping included.
Same here! And they make a number of different designs too!!
punk.gif
Same here and I removed the inserts for just the right amount of noise. Tri-oval shape for me.

Two Brothers are very popular and don't look like they belong on a Massey Ferguson. If you look hard, you can find the aluminum pipes for around $500. The Black Series for around $525. I have the blacks and love them without the P1 tips. They have the straps and I like those too. Lol...Pipes are a personal choice, so look around for what YOU like. Some like the Coffman's which I think are ugly. I'm not a big Delkevic fan and I think the Vance&Hines look very close, so those are out too; for ME. I don't like the pipes with the little extruded belly button that sticks out like the Staintunes. Personally, I like the 2Bros, Remus and LeoVince designs...Money is a factor, so I went 2 Bros.

GPR's from Italy on my 08. I run them with the inserts or "DB Killers" as they call them. Just the right sound, look great and are much lighter than the stock units. If I am feeling "Hooligan" I can take the inserts out and make a little noise. Even then it isn't obnoxiously noisey, just a bit louder. Stainless Tri-Ovals. The pictures of the black 08 with them on their website is actually my bike. I assume I was the first guy in the U.S. to get a set from them since they asked me to send pictures that they could use. 500.00 brand new to my door from the factory. Unlike some other brands I have tried they fit perfectly with no modifications or issues of any kind. I have really been impressed and pleased with them and would definitely consider GPR in the future for Moto exhaust. These are the pics from their website.

grande_319224307.jpg

grande_391867713.jpg

grande_1937042211.jpg

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="pista" data-cid="1159154" data-time="1404411310"><p>

Gen2. Two Brothers on e-Bay right now for $315 shipped</p></blockquote>

These are now either sold or removed

I am partial to Remus but they are expensive. They provide great noise candy without being obnoxius like some of the others can be after time.

Beowulf for me! I had Leo Vince carbon fibre which I bought after hearing a sound bite on the internet? Don't believe everything you see (hear) on the net! I had the good fortune of riding with a fellow who had the Beowulf's and I was sold. After a low side I used the insurance claim to get the much better sounding cans. IMHO!

Carbon fibre oval Beowulf cans for me. Three years and counting...still turning heads and the local dealership hates it when I drop by because the customers are all over me about the sound.

Thanks for the info. I will check out the Delkavic pipes.
RM24, check out the Leo Vince pipes; Miss Donna and Papa Chuy Viejo love the looks, sound and light weight of our Leo Vince pipes: Rolling in to La Paz, Mexico in this pic.

Send a Private Message to Dr. Rich, his Son David is Race Manager for Leo Vince USA and David got us a smoking deal on our pipes. David is a great guy and a great racer!

IMG_0017.jpg

001Leo_zpse6f8176c.jpg

Carbon fibre oval Beowulf cans for me. Three years and counting...still turning heads and the local dealership hates it when I drop by because the customers are all over me about the sound.
How's the sound of Beowulf compared to stock exhaust?

Night and day differance! I love the sound of these pipes and usually get lots of compliments from other riders. If you purchase the all aluminum version it will come with a lifetime warranty.