Gen 1 Canyon Cages in development....

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fairlaner

The Bartender Whisperer
Reaction score
Hi Guys...

Here are some of the pictures that i took up at MC Enterprises the other day.

We are looking for helpful suggestions and feedback....tell us what you think.

DSC00747_zpse6bfb195.jpg

DSC00748_zps191ac37c.jpg

DSC00749_zps3f1e8a04.jpg

DSC00750_zpsc9bba757.jpg

DSC00751_zps3894f4bc.jpg

DSC00752_zpsb74388de.jpg

DSC00753_zps5b9cb435.jpg

DSC00754_zps0aa4611c.jpg

DSC00755_zpsfbbd8eb3.jpg

DSC00756_zps13579f38.jpg

DSC00757_zps055671d1.jpg

DSC00758_zps1ceef0b2.jpg

DSC00760_zpsb6ac9025.jpg

Looks like a good start. Be more curious to see what touches at laydown. Honestly, the front appears too tucked in to be of much help, and I would be concerned about the fulcrum affect wnen the bike goes over on it. Will it just cause more upper damage?

I see where the location of the bars will protect the side cases of the motor. I would like to see that you can still have sliders attached as well. Is a gentle laid over going to be tried to see what touches where. It will be impossible to protect all the plastics, but you do want to protect enough that you might be able to ride it away from an accident if you are still OK.

Looking good and nice to see they are going to produce cages for us Gen 1 owners

Looking at the pictures again. The guard that is for the saddle bags. they look like they restrict the passage foot and don't come out far enough to protect.

I'd be interested, depending upon price (could have used them last month!). Also I'd suggest a finish that can be easily and effectively touched up - those driveway drops, ya know...

They will be better than those as you once installed you will be able to remove them without removing plastic....

R

Thanks for posting Richard. I am very interested in getting these and was always disappointed they were not available for our Gen I bikes.

I use a Penke shock with a GP Suspension remote reservoir mount above the right passenger footpeg that appears to share the same mounting point as the upper mount for the saddlebag protector. The pictures below are not from my bike, but let me know if you need any help with the particulars of this frequently used mounting accessory to avoid a conflict. Also, does this mounting point for a tip-over protector pose any risk to the rear subframe?

GPSuspensionBracket.JPG

IMG_0884.jpg

P1020099.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for posting Richard. I am very interested in getting these and was always disappointed they were not available for our Gen I bikes.
I use a Penke shock with a GP Suspension remote reservoir mount above the right passenger footpeg that appears to share the same mounting point as the upper mount for the saddlebag protector. The pictures below are not from my bike, but let me know if you need any help with the particulars of this frequently used mounting accessory to avoid a conflict. Also, does this mounting point for a tip-over protector pose any risk to the rear subframe?
+1

looks like the forward guards would let one mount some "comfortable" hi-way pegs. MCL, Wild Bill & Garauld mounted units just do

not feel right because of their mounting location.

What did that remote reservoir clamp cost you? I have a penske on my 05 and I use zipties to hold the reservoir on. Pretty low tech but it works. Just curious on what the specific clamp goes for.

GPSuspensionBracket.JPG

IMG_0884.jpg

P1020099.jpg

They look really good! Maybe some interest here if the bike doesn't have to be disassembled to install..
rolleyes.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts