FJR rider in IBR who needs a fuel cell?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry, I I am not riding in the IBR, but do need a fuel cell. Found out the hard way at the Poison Rally in Nevada.

Gee, I am dragging my feet responding to this.

Did you have someone in mind? I was selected for '15 BUTT ...

Do not know if I will ride

If I do ride, I would like to ride my '05 with

High miles.

If I choose my '08, then I would have to decide on adapting the fuel cell I currently have or procure another cell.

Did you get all that? :.)

But I am curious , Kitty

Will it pass YOUR inspection? :.)

Cell is a Summit racing cell, equipped with a Linda T cover. Mounted on a plate that clips into the pillion seat mount. It ran the IBR in 13 on Steve Bennett's FJR. Had to use a strap to hold it more securely per Dale, but I've ridden thousands of miles without and no problem. I don't know how it would fit on other than a Gen2, I imagine fine. No pump, gravity fed and has foam in it. I don't feel like it drains completely, but extra fuel is extra fuel. I might just not trust it enough, running out of gas is the worst!!

I don't have a specific person in mind. If no person riding in 15 steps forward, I'll sell it to the general public.

Cell is a Summit racing cell, equipped with a Linda T cover. Mounted on a plate that clips into the pillion seat mount. It ran the IBR in 13 on Steve Bennett's FJR. Had to use a strap to hold it more securely per Dale, but I've ridden thousands of miles without and no problem. I don't know how it would fit on other than a Gen2, I imagine fine. No pump, gravity fed and has foam in it. I don't feel like it drains completely, but extra fuel is extra fuel. I might just not trust it enough, running out of gas is the worst!!
I don't have a specific person in mind. If no person riding in 15 steps forward, I'll sell it to the general public.
If that is a Summit 4 Gallon, and the cover becomes available, I am desperate for one. I'll save up and buy new, but if I could get a decent second-hand one it would help my meagre gas budget :D

However, I also appreciate you offering this package to the IBR Riders ... they have enough to pay for and many could use the help.

I believe it is a 4 gallon tank, but I'm not selling the Linda T cover separately unless the person who buys the cell doesn't want it.

I'll give this another week or so in here to see if a rider steps forward. If you ARE a rider in the 15 IBR but not in need of a cell, it would be very nice of you to post this in the private rider's forum.

After that, it will go for sale to the general public.

Thanks!

WooHoo! Gotta love Hello Kitty! :wub:
flirt.gif

Okay, the rider who was going to take this aux tank has made different arrangements, so if there's another IBR15 rider looking for a cell, PM me. Priority to IBR rider, after a couple weeks, it'll be up for sale. Tank is in Baltimore, I'm willing to ship provided the rider covers the cost.

Thanks!

Very interesting,

I have a fuel cell for sale over in the appropriate section of this forum... but if an IBA rider is interested then you can contact me and we can discuss....

Cheers,

Peter

I am not riding in the IBR, (I am way to early in my endeavors for that jump!) but I am interested in seeing the set up so I can copy it, as I really like doing longer rides and may hope to be able to ride in an IBR. Can you shoot me some pictures? I like the idea of no pump (lessens the failure rate) and also in being able to put in the existing pillion spot. Is the plate custom?

The plate was fabricated for this purpose, I don't know if they are available as was the case with my GS.

No IBR rider has stepped forward, so it will go for sale, if you're interested, exirun! Give me your email address, and I'll send you some pics. It's not on the bike, but I can take a pic of what is on the bike, as well as the cell to give you an idea. Or, I'm sure I can find pics of the cell on the bike if I look...

You will need to drill your tank to install. And get the necessary bulkhead fitting.