Comin' Back Home

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sgoat

Reaction score
Well, it's been 2 1/2 years since I left the FJR fold and bought a 2012 BMW R1200RT. Can't say anything really bad about the bike itself as it always worked well for me, but it just never felt "right". In the end, I had to make the change. Tuesday, my RT is headed for my local Beemer dealer to be sold on consignment, and Thursday I'm taking a road trip to Colorado to pick up my new 2014 A model. Got a great deal on the bike. Need get up to speed again on the latest farkles for this Gen III version. Really feels good to be back. Hope you didn't rent out my room while I was gone!

We did. Since I'm the new treasurer, you gotta give me $500 to get back in. Good thing you live close. I'll go get it from you.

I'm retired now and on a fixed income. Let me see if I can get a section 8 housing voucher! I'll get back to ya.........

Welcome back...nothing beats being home again!

Congrats on the soon to be GEN III, let the farkling begin!

--G

Welcome back!

gty_kotter_watn_3_mr_120815_ssh_zps65f3e661.jpg

I wonder if I clicked my heels together three times and repeated "there's no place like home" A GenIII would appear in my driveway?
scooter.gif

It's just a short 800 or so miles to Sparks, might as well come on up for the Roundup.

And welcome back.

It's just a short 800 or so miles to Sparks, might as well come on up for the Roundup.
And welcome back.
7/6 at 0900 PDT: Just spoke to Angelo at https://www.westernvillagesparks.com and as of this minute there are still 60 rooms available for Western FJR Riders Roundup!

Don't call them (800)-1, use their online booking Internet procedure to get a 10% discount for Friday and Saturday nights, Thursday night is still only $49.99 plus the tax!

https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php/topic/153784-western-fjr-riders-roundup/page-1 +1, Gunny (even a wimp like HRZ can ride 800 miles!); Welcome back sgoat, I love my Beemers and I also love my FJR's! jes' sayin' and nuff said, ese!

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome back (from the other darkside)! That German engineering can be very enticing, but it is very difficult to beat the FJR for the all-around do everything street bike.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks guys for the welcome back wishes. The two guys I do the most miles with both bought 2014 RT's this Spring. Yes, they are the "suspension challenged" beemers whose owners received the "Do Not Ride" notification from the Der Fatherland. One of them traded his back (for a full refund) for a new GS. The other is unsure what path he is going to take as there are some incentives to wait for the "fix". After hearing of beemerdons woes with his K1600 and numerous failings of switch gear on my model year, I got nervous. Not to mention the 300 to 500 dollar service every 6K and it was a no brainer. My BMW experiment has concluded. Can't wait to get back on board the FJR.

I am very seriously thinking of selling/trading my 05 R1200RT for a new 14 FJR. I love my RT but I think I'm ready to move back to the reliability of a Yamaha and I have always loved that big 4 inline engine.