Is a 2008 AE worth $1,000 more than a 2007 AE?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TommyBwell

Reaction score
I have read about the changes and I'm not sure if the AE received any clutch upgrades and the 08 I am looking at has an after market windshield so that is out the window too. Is there anything else that would make it worth the difference? The 07 is the nicer bike of the two and has 4k less miles. I have ridden it twice and didn't have a problem with the throttle response. I guess you can see which way I am leaning.

I'd go with the 07 for a grand cheaper. It's a better color and a grand is a lot of money. 5 years from now, one will not be worth a grand more than the other. A penny saved is still a penny earned. Just my opinion.

Gary

darksider #44

I'd go with the 07 for a grand cheaper. It's a better color and a grand is a lot of money. 5 years from now, one will not be worth a grand more than the other. A penny saved is still a penny earned. Just my opinion.
Gary

darksider #44
+1

No essential difference in design, BIG difference in $$!

Grab the '07.

I have the '08 AE and as far as I know the only change from '07 to '08 in the AE version of the bike was improvement in the throttle control. If you are happy with the throttle on the '07 you should have an easy decision. I like the dark grey of the '08 more than the light grey of the '07, but that's entirely a matter of taste and I'm not sure I would pay much more based on color.

Thanks guys. The 07 is ready to ride and the 08 needs a back tire and the 8k mile service (figured into the $1k difference). I think I'm ready to ride anyway.

I ended up finding an 08 one owner in perfect condition for $500 more so I split the difference and bought it. It has a Rifle windshield, Corbin seat, Throttlemeister and new front tire. I could not be happier.

Congrats on the 08. I love both the 08 and 07 colors but one improvement after 07 was the shift dogs in the tranny.

I know it's a mute point with the AE but worth mentioning.

My son recently picked up a 07 AE for his first FJR and loves the bike.

Have fun on it and stay safe.

Scooper

IBA # 55459

The book value for a used 08 will be a few hundred more than a year prior on otherwise identical bikes, just due to the age difference. 4k miles difference is nothing.

Surprisingly, NADA doesn't list an AE for '07, but here are the values of the "A" model. The AE difference would be similar.

Retail: Low Avg
2007 $6,185 $8,140
2008 $6,405 $8,425

Last edited by a moderator:
I ended up finding an 08 one owner in perfect condition for $500 more so I split the difference and bought it. It has a Rifle windshield, Corbin seat, Throttlemeister and new front tire. I could not be happier.
Thanks fer the update.
smile.png