How many riders ride 2-up?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How many riders ride 2 up?

• I carry a passenger all the time.

Votes: 9 10.0%
  • I carry a passenger some of the time.

Votes: 55 61.1%
  • I never carry a passenger.

Votes: 26 28.9%

• Total voters

mojo621

Reaction score
I was out riding over the weekend and noticed that only a couple of touring bikers (not cruisers) that I saw were carrying a passenger.

With this in mind…

1. How many riders in this forum never carry a passenger?

2. How many riders carry a passenger some of the time? What percentage of your outings?

3. How many riders carry a passenger all of the time?

My response: I ride solo 100% of the time.

For those that respond, thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm solo about 70% and 2up 30% of the total miles on my bike.

I ride with a dog on my fjr about 90% of the time
laugh.png

According to 32 responses to my site poll we spent an average of 16.71% of the time two up.

The distribution is:

15 at 0%

9 at 2-10%

4 at 25-50%

4 at 80-90%

Last edited by a moderator:
On the feej, it has morphed into 100% solo, but the Voyager is almost 90% 2up. That's why we bought the Voyager, for comfy riding together. The ravages of getting older.

Short answer: 60/40 2up/solo

Longer answer: I ride with my SO and son... a lot. Scala Rider G9x makes a BIG difference. They enjoy the cruising around town that I enjoy; because it becomes more like an extended conversation. It beats the heck out of just sitting around a restaurant table or in front of the tv. After years without a running bike to enjoy, any seat time is good time. I don't have significant free time at the moment for long 400+ mile day rides. But I can put on 100-150 in an evening around town just riding with no particular place to go. So right now, I'm about 60% 2up and 40% solo. At best I'm 50/50. And if I did have a weekend to fill with riding, my SO would be right behind me. I don't have the old mates that would ride their bikes around with me. I am looking forward to talking some friends into getting bikes to hang out with us or making new riding friends and enjoying the social side of a shared, cherished endeavor. Yet, in the end, at the core of it, it is me, the throttle and roar, and the open road that winds and rolls ahead of me, so I am always willing to ride solo. But right now, I'm really enjoying sharing that feeling of freedom and joy with people I love.

Solo on the FJR and two up on the wing. Used to do two up on the FJR but once my fat is on the bike there isn't much room left for the wife.

Very rarely ride in a group. Most of the time solo, but my wife likes occasional "days or weekends out".

I have an SS1000 planned with my 11-year-old daughter riding pillion.