Jeremy Toye / Pikes Peak

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dr. Rich

Arrested Development
Reaction score
Son David races with, crews for and is a long time friend of Jeremy Toye. They have gone to China together to race at Macau and David has traveled the country with him. Jeremy is one of a few riders from the USA who has ridden in the Isle of Man TT.

Recently Kawasaki ask Jeremy to take their new Ninja 1000 and compete at the Pikes Peak race. It was his first time and he finished first.

The video is a bit over 10 minutes but for me it is amazing to watch. When you see him go around curves at altitude and high speed without barriers, it is like the TT on a mountain.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yikes!!!!!!!!!!!

thumbsupsmiley.png

When the horizon goes vertical ... nuttin' more to say, scared the crap out of me :)

I heard Guy Martin was there this year as well, good video, just like when I rode up the "Peak", well sort of.
no.gif
I was a little slower.

Last edited by a moderator:
Whew....

way, WAY, W-A-Y more faith in a tiny little rubber contact patch than I EVER hope to have!

I have driven this road a couple of times (first time it was still mostly dirt surface) and always wondered why ANYONE would want to race there in a car - let alone a two-wheeler!

Would love to have that kind of skill... but even if I *did* possess the capability (and I am FAR from it!), I think those verticals would tame the eagerness - - - A LOT!

Now to go clean the upchuck outta my keyboard.

:)

Hell.

Give me that bike, those tires, skin tight race leathers,medical personnel scattered about here and there, a year of unlimited access to the mountain to train and memorize the course, oh yeah, I could do that.

In a little over 47 minutes!

Thanks Rich.

Hell.Give me that bike, those tires, skin tight race leathers,medical personnel scattered about here and there, a year of unlimited access to the mountain to train and memorize the course, oh yeah, I could do that.

Thanks Rich.
I believe in you ... I'm confident you could get it down to 30 minutes, given time :D

Hell.Give me that bike, those tires, skin tight race leathers,medical personnel scattered about here and there, a year of unlimited access to the mountain to train and memorize the course, oh yeah, I could do that.

Thanks Rich.
HA! beat ya by 3/10's of a second.

Listening to the exhaust note timed to the tilting terrain, it doesn't appear that he left too many spare seconds out there limp wristed. Dayuuum! Just a little bit of concentration to go with ridiculous skills and elephant testicles!

Holy Sheite! That gent has es grande cojones'! I'd watched the POV of Don Canet (Cycle World) riding a CBR1000R who came in third on this course. He had a great run, but it wasn't even close to the intensity of Jeremy's ride, WOW! I love the "Professional rider on a closed course" disclaimer that appeared around the 9 minute mark. Glad they flashed that up there as I thought I was watching OM hurrying because he was late for his pedicure appointment.

(you know how testy Bruno gets when you're late......)

Thanks Rich. Reminds me of why I used to race and still enjoy track days, except without all the potential death from flying off a cliff, crashing into trees, boulders and guard rails stuff!! Holy Moly what a ride!

Toye does well at these life threatening events. He's our own Martin, McGuiness, Dunlop, etal.