BBG Attempt - starting tonight!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sharif

Reaction score
Going to see my cousin for the weekend, and thought it a good excuse to make a BBG attempt. Here's the route, and here's the Spot link which will activate late tonight.

Any specific considerations/advice on the route is appreciated!

To add a little excitement, I was changing the oil and doing a bike inspection a couple nights ago and found a nice fat nail in the rear. It's holding air, and I don't want to take any risks. Set of PR4s going on today - nothing like some last minute chaos. Note to self - change the oil a week *before* a trip next time...

Good luck and be safe.

And maybe do maintenance *two* weeks before a big ride. You might need to order parts. :)

Sharif -Are you all set with a departure witness? If not, let me know. I am about an hour west of you in Crown Point and might be able to sign off for you.

Carl

Sharif -Are you all set with a departure witness? If not, let me know. I am about an hour west of you in Crown Point and might be able to sign off for you.
Carl
Now that's what the forum is all about - awesome. Thanks for volunteering Carl, but I'm good to go. At least I will be after the PR4s go on...

Yes, two weeks before the ride - that makes more sense. Nothing like the buttery shifting of fresh oil to get a person pumped up!

more like last minute confidence, It happen to me just before heading to Austin in April. I was damn glad I had put on new meats, as it rained allot on the way home and the road conditions were much worse then expected. Have fun, be safe, relax and enjoy it!
smile.png

Ride safe, ride hard.

Keep the wheels turning, the route looks just fine.

Make sure to write up a RR when it's done!

Shane

Bun Burner Gold is a tough ride. Other than "multiple BBGs" it is probably the toughest ride we do, and is a whole different level of riding when compared with a SaddleSore.

Good luck. Keep the Overall Average speed on the GPS above 65 mph, and you will be golden.

If you haven't had a chance to read up on a couple of BBG posts look and Shane's content or mine for another perspective if you haven't already. With you in spirit........... good safe clean ride........

Phillip

Thanks for the well-wishes all. I have fresh meats, am finishing packing, then am hitting the sack. Targeting departure around 23/24:00 EST.

Not sure what happened to the route - try this link?

Twigg/Phillip, loved the write-ups. I'll be focused and will try and write something up half as eloquent when I get done.

Sharif - your second link shows a route of 1496 miles, while your first route is about 1558 miles. So I assume you are going west and going down I-65 rather than going straight down 31.

I must be in paste confusion - yes - 80->65->70->29->94. That's the route, it's over 1530, so I should have some wiggle room.

He's moving well!

Hopefully good weather and calm winds stay steady through the night.

Can't wait to check in tomorrow morning and see where he's already covered while we sleep!

Go, go, go!

Shane