Transition To Candy Butt RR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

101stpathfinder

Trading miles for memories
FJR Supporter
Reaction score
OK, so I am trying to learn a new style of riding. I came home from work late Friday night and ask the wife if she would ride with me on Saturday.

A reluctant "Yes" followed. I went to the garage and removed the fuel cell from the '05 FJR, in its place came the unfamiliar RDL rear seat. A local

Sport Touring group ride was scheduled and I was on an "Indirect" mailing list. I had been on a few rides with the connection of Kevin H., but

most ride notices were deleted. We departed in style (A little late) and showed up at the meeting gas station not far from my house. There was no one there.

Hmmm? I remembered the plans (Somewhat) and began to ride a spirited pace of backroads where the group was to meet up with another further western

group. The route took me through Bryant, FL where I slowed enough to spot many gators looking for their morning breakfast.

P7190342_zpsa18f581a.jpg

We continued on to the Port Mayaca Bridge where there were 2 cyclist (Triumph Trophy & Goldwing) awaiting the group that was already past them. The 3 of us left out on

a spirited backroad ride to Yeehaw Junction where we caught up with the main group.

P7190344_zpsd2ce5f3d.jpg

P7190346_zps08ecfbf0.jpg

A group of a dozen or so bikes proceeded to Fellsmere, FL for a brunch and chat.

IMG_2527_zpsf47558b8.jpg

IMG_2528_zps4f852b5b.jpg

There was a 2 for 1 raffle that riders bought tickets and the winner got 50% (The other 50% was donated). My wife and I won, thus the whole day was paid for!

Its about making mamma happy:

IMG_2533_zps8b1d4101.jpg

New farkles for the transition are arriving slowly :

P7200347_zpsf6cd6fdb.jpg

All in all:

* Under 200 miles

* Stop at a restaurant for a meal

* A rest stop on the way home

I will seek Don's stamp of approval, but I think it qualifies CBA

Last edited by a moderator:
But Mr Prez… Note #14

CBA # Comments Paid? Total dcarver 1 Oh yeah! 100% 100% RenoJohn 2 That flake? But he owes me booze so I gotta be nice..
fuck.gif
..and I promised, a long long time ago.. 100% 100% Fairlaner 3

Cause he's our favorite Brit to poke fun at!

Duff 4 A wonderful friend of Tim (TwoWheelNut) and even greater friend to Patti after Tim passed on. Besides, the boy can ride! 100% 100% TurboDave98 5 My hero - enough said? 100% 100% jwhite518 6 IBR competitor and all around nice guy. Actually, he's too nice to really be here.. Hello Kitty 7 So honored to have Hello Kitty as a CBA member, really! I don't even know her real name, but do know she's a serious rider who understands the CBA lifestyle! Go Kitty,, go!

100%

Madmike2 8 A true gentleman through and through. Until he gets in the 'mood' - then watch out! Willie 9 Call him the human GPS - he knows roads. Mountain 10 WOW, anothoer CBA IBR competitor, summer 2013! Go Josh, GO! KaitsDad 11 Patron Saint to ailing FJR's 12 Joe2lMaker 13 Just don't all him Joel! 100% 100% 101stpathfinder 14 Tony. Mr. IronButt. Nicest guy you'll ever meet. Gotta meet him some day! 100% 100% 15

You just need to highlight it yellow ('13 IBR)

Last edited by a moderator:
If you ride to Pinks..

I will too.

:)

November is actually good - my mandated prison time at the nuclear plant will be over by then..

Would like to buy you a Pinks Dawg out of the CBA coffers...