Fork Seal Job

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bust-A-Cap

Reaction score
Does any know of a place in the greater New York area to have fork seal job done? How much should I expect to pay? Thanks!

Try cleaning the seal out first. That worked for me just fine on both of my fork seals this spring. Something like a sealmate. You can make it yourself out of some thin plastic like a milk jug though. Remember to pop up the too seal to get to the oil seal beneath.

+1 on cleaning out the seal first. I just used a business card. Left side was leaking at the beginning of the year, removed top protector and cleaned out fork seal with a business card. About 6k miles later it's still sealed and working fine.

Show up at the next tech-day with the parts and fluid and someone will show you how to change the seals.

Do this cheap work first..
smile.png

https://sealmate.net/

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks guys I did as you suggested and fashioned my own seal mate and it looks like it worked pretty good. After a few rides I will see how it holds up. I just have about 15,000 miles on my bike and not prepared to spend roughly $500 for new seals right now.