Rally at the BH Roundup?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigjohnsd

2021 BMW R1250GSA
Reaction score
Who might be willing to put on a beginners level? Half day Rally at next years premier event, the Black HillsRoundup June 25-28?

I Do not have a clue what goes on during a Rally, how they are organized, planned, administered or scored.

Several threads have piqued my interest and I wonder if someone might be willing to Step Up?

John

Big John, have the Canuckistanis organize a Donut Run; might as well let the Frostbacks plan something that they're good at, eh! jes' sayin' and nuff said, eh!

funny-image-798-600x512.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Well John I offered to help with anything you wanted for the BHRoundup but I am afraid I have no experience with rallies other than watching them come and go at CFO in La Crosse. I think I would be in over my head trying to think and ride motorcycle at the same time.
smile.png

The event is a little "r" rally. What I'm interested in is a Big "R" Time/Distance/Bonus Rally like the event Justin is helping wit or running down in Colorado this coming weekend. Something I know absolutely nothing about competing in or organizing. I figure there are others like me that might find a short 6-8 hour event here in the Black Hills interesting. If there is someone that knows about this sort of thing and wants to volunteer I'd sure appreciate it. The event I'm thinking of is kind of a timed scavenger hunt on wheels I guess.

The event is a little "r" rally. What I'm interested in is a Big "R" Time/Distance/Bonus Rally like the event Justin is helping wit or running down in Colorado this coming weekend. Something I know absolutely nothing about competing in or organizing. I figure there are others like me that might find a short 6-8 hour event here in the Black Hills interesting. If there is someone that knows about this sort of thing and wants to volunteer I'd sure appreciate it. The event I'm thinking of is kind of a timed scavenger hunt on wheels I guess.
I too am interested in this, as I am just starting to get into LD riding. I think I know what might be involved in actually competing or entering a rally, but not enough to be dangerous, and certainly not enough to enter one yet. At the very least I am going to pick some brains and get advice when I finally get to meet some riders face to face, over a drink or two.

You might try contacting a few of the folks here that have run rallies before... Wendy/BionicPelvis just did an 8-hour rally down in Kernville... maybe talk to Justin after the How the West Was Run rally that's happening this weekend (maybe wait a couple of weeks to let him get his sea legs back though! ;) )... lots of others. Try starting a post in the LD section of the forum here and look for guidance. Very good folk and, if able, always willing to help! B)

I Agree with Tyler^ Also rickcorwn on the forum is knowledgeable as a RM (CFO) (Team strange)

AND

Here is a Rally Masters best friend:

Roadside America - Guide to Uniquely Odd Tourist Attractions

Pick a theme, choose your bonus locations, set point values

Combo bonus' rock

I wish I was closer, this is one area (RM) that I would love to explore!

Latest posts