My first 1000 mile ride on my FJR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1maxman

Reaction score
Well, just got home from my first 1000 mile ride perched upon my FJR. My girlfriend (she rides a star 950 tourer) and I just arrived home from a great trip from Lake George, NY to Bar Harbor, ME. We avoided through ways as much as possible on our trip there, what a great ride. Spent 11 hours in the saddle that day (450 miles). Stopped a lot because her bike will only do 160 miles before the light comes on, and we had to take water breaks. Only had 1 mishap, 2 jerkoffs decided to play hit the FJR it's brand new. Well they didn't get me but as many of you already know the bike isn't the best in parking lots. Needless to say I dropped it on its right side and scraped her up. I picked her back up brushed her off and went ape on the guy driving a Mercedes that was trying to run me over. Other than that the bike was great, the seat was fairly comfortable but very hot, and I averaged 50 mpg for the entire trip.

The mishap actually happened in Freeport, ME, if the bike was a couple years old I wouldn't have been so pissed but it's only 2 months old so it hurt that much more, and at least nothing broke, guess I need the cages now. It was amazing how great that bike handled and rode on this trip. Glad I bought it

I just did a 1500-mile trip this past weekend. https://goo.gl/maps/ceAsWRichmond to Muscle Shoals, AL (stayed the first night on Lookout Mountain, the second night on the way back east of Chattanooga, and Monday night in Waynesboro, VA--it was dark and rainy and I was tired). The bike was wonderful, whether eating up slab or riding the twisties in the Nantahala Gorge. I passed 10K miles on this trip and still loving this bike!

Sounds like a great ride! (minus the jackass in Mercedes). I live in Saratoga and have thought about making a trek up to Maine. Which route did you take? My fiancee has a cam-am and hates highways as well.

Congrats on a great ride! As far as dropping the bike...who hasn't?
smile.png
(knock wood) ME!

Sounds like a great ride! (minus the jackass in Mercedes). I live in Saratoga and have thought about making a trek up to Maine. Which route did you take? My fiancee has a cam-am and hates highways as well.
ruhltodd, we took rte 4 thru Rutland, Killington and Woodstock to Queechee Gorge. We then headed north on rte 91N, which is throughway but very light traffic. We then hit rte 2E all the way to Bangor, ME. Had to hop on 95N to 395 for a very short distance then rte 1 to rte 3 to Bar Harbor. The trip was great and the FJR was fantastic. It should be a nice trip on the Can-am too.