2014 FJR1300AS

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mcatrophy

Privileged to ride a 2018 FJR1300AS
Reaction score
There have been rumours about mcatrophy's Better Half buying him a new FJR1300AS for his birthday. (If you don't know what the AS is, I would refer you to my confused post.)

I CAN CONFIRM THAT THOSE RUMOURS ARE TRUE.
hyper.gif

The new bike will replace my old (just on 4 years, 32000 miles, nothing wrong with it).

Saw it at the dealers today, just out of its crate. Won't pick it up until Tuesday next week. Ok, that's not my birthday, but she said "I'm not getting you anything else for your birthday". So, it's an early birthday present. Only a couple of weeks early.

(Click on image for larger view)

A few more pics here.

It's coming with the GT pack (see my confusion post; although not specified, I suppose mine's an FJR1300AS GT).

Last edited:
Wow! Sees a keeper! And make sure you show your wife you are most appreciative too. :D

Is that the ES Version?

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow! She's a keeper! And make sure you show your wife you are most appreciative too.
biggrin.png

Is that the ES Version?
Yup, I've kept her (or vice versa) for nearly 45 years. She might get a kiss if I find time to open my helmet
tonguesmiley.gif

It does have the upside-down forks and electrically adjustable suspension of - let's see, you are in America - the ES (known as the AE here - told you it was confusing!).

I love the color, congrats. One thing, that license plate is HUGE as compared to the tiny MC plates in the States.

She's a keeper (both). I showed this thread to my wife, let her read the part where your wife bought YOU the bike and waited........ (drumming fingers on the counter waiting....) she then said, "That's a lucky man", and then went back to her Candy Crush Game....
nea.gif

I love the color, congrats. One thing, that license plate is HUGE as compared to the tiny MC plates in the States.
"Magnetic bronze", could have that or black. When I arrived at the dealer, the bike was inside in the dark; I thought they'd ordered the black one! He wheeled it out into the sun. Much better.
It's to ensure all the half-blind drivers can still drive; the eye-sight test is to be able to read a car number-plate at 25 yards (or is it 20 metres?). And so that all the speed cameras can easily recognise who's bending the rules a bit. Actually, car ones are a little larger than the mc ones.

She's a keeper (both). I showed this thread to my wife, let her read the part where your wife bought YOU the bike and waited........ (drumming fingers on the counter waiting....) she then said, "That's a lucky man", and then went back to her Candy Crush Game.... :nea:
You can assure your wife I absolutely agree with her. Then tell her you love her even if she doesn't buy you one. You never know ...

Very Good Stuff! I am impressed with the bike and even more impressed with the wife. Perhaps it is you that deserve the credit for the wife's behavior?

Either way, congratulations on the new bike.

"Magnetic bronze", could have that or black. When I arrived at the dealer, the bike was inside in the dark; I thought they'd ordered the black one! He wheeled it out into the sun. Much better.
It's to ensure all the half-blind drivers can still drive; the eye-sight test is to be able to read a car number-plate at 25 yards (or is it 20 metres?). And so that all the speed cameras can easily recognise who's bending the rules a bit. Actually, car ones are a little larger than the mc ones.
Oh, I remember the cameras in Europe (Germany), I didn't do much driving in the UK the couple times I was there (military USAF).

...Oh, I remember the cameras in Europe (Germany), I didn't do much driving in the UK the couple times I was there (military USAF).
Anywhere around Mildenhall/Lakenheath? My wife's family own a couple of houses there that are rented to mostly USAF personnel.

...Oh, I remember the cameras in Europe (Germany), I didn't do much driving in the UK the couple times I was there (military USAF).
Anywhere around Mildenhall/Lakenheath? My wife's family own a couple of houses there that are rented to mostly USAF personnel.
Both, mainly there as a stop over, but had a lot of friends that lived there.

That is a great story !

I really like that color too. Here is a link for a better look at that color for those of us that cannot see it in person.

Congrats

Last edited by a moderator: