saddle bag lock screws

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hmans3

Reaction score
Warning, this just happened to me. The locking lever screws on the left side saddle bag one fell out and the other was half way out. After reading about this problem I checked them a few weeks back, I didn't pull them out to locktite Just as other people have reported these will come loose and fall out!!! I was lucky to catch it before the bag fell off. hmans3

I did mine this week and they weren't locktited. I didn't have the correct torx bit, but I found a small flat blade that worked. Hopefully I never want to remove them because I only had the red locktite.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had to re-locktite one of mine because it was so wet on our last vacation that I put a shot of off brand penetrating oil in the lock.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="HotRodZilla" data-cid="1164320" data-time="1406326844"><p>
No shit!! This is a real thing? I cannot believe no one has EVER mentioned this fatal flaw before.</p></blockquote>
If only there were a section for new owners to read about this.

...oh...there is.

If only we suggested they read it when they sign up.

...oh... I guess we do.

....and pin the thread.

If only people who read it believe it AND do it before they risk losing the lock.

...there we go! Something to sink our teeth into now.
wink.png

Glad the OP caught it.
smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, I'll throw in my 2 cents just for kicks.

After locktite I cut two strips of hvac aluminum duct tape and covered the screw heads.

They are not going anywhere.

Enjoy!