Blue Ridge Parkway ride

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CJF-FJR

Reaction score
Hi. Sorry if this is old news to some, but I'm not sure how much overlap there is with the other forum.

Anyway, I'm heading out on Tuesday to ride the BYP, starting from Buena Vista, Va (mp 45). Will be ending up in Robbinsville, NC and trying out the Two Wheel Inn if they have room, or maybe the Microtell if they don't. Planning on doing Cherohala in the morning and then the Dragon, with a stop to get lunch and a tee shirt at one of the hangouts before heading home on some highway.

Would love some company if anyone is around.

Cheers.

Have fun and ride safe! Was there end of April and there were already LOTS of popo.....
weirdsmiley.gif
weirdsmiley.gif

You might also consider The Dragon's Rest in Robbinsville. They are just a few yards North of the Two Wheel Inn but set back off the road a good bit.

Your ride sounds like a fun one. Even though I have ridden more majestic places than the BRP and the Cherohala I still love those roads and look forward to riding them again.

If you can't enjoy the FJR in that neck of the woods, go home, sell the bike, and join the book club. JSNS!!!!!!

I'll be there 2 months from today. https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php/topic/156279-eom-2014-maggie-valley-26-28-sept-2014/page-1
Come on back and ride it again.
Been looking at that ride and might try to make it. Will be going past Maggie Valley on my way home from this trip. But I'm also on board for a similar trip maybe Sept. 12, so probably won't be able to get away two weekends, plus a camping trip on Laborday weekend. Trying not to push my luck with the wife too much my first few months with the bike.

I will keep that ride on tap, though, in case the other doesn't work out.

You might also consider The Dragon's Rest in Robbinsville. They are just a few yards North of the Two Wheel Inn but set back off the road a good bit.
Thanks. Looks nice. I didn't think the cabins would be sized for one person, but they are not that expensive. Might be nicer there, so I will call tomorrow.

Last week westayed at 5 star motel very close to to WTT museum. It's an older motel,but very clean. All rooms at ground level,which I look for to wheel in the UNI-GO. Rates were good. Has a stream out back. A small cottage is in the back also. Very nice young man runs it.

To the OP...are you going to be in the western NC area on the weekend? I might be able to ride on a Sunday. Send me a pm if that's a possibility

I just attended the Floyfest music festival along the BRP near Floyd Virginia last weekend,and camped at Willville motorcycle only campground near the Meadows of Dan.

A real nice weekend of great music,near perfect weather,and a beautiful camping setting.

Although I have to admit that the 45 mph speed limit on the parkway is something of a buzkill!Wouldn't it be nice if just one day a year they would raise the speed limit to say,70 or 80?

It is a beautiful area.

I just attended the Floyfest music festival along the BRP near Floyd Virginia last weekend,and camped at Willville motorcycle only campground near the Meadows of Dan.
A real nice weekend of great music,near perfect weather,and a beautiful camping setting.

Although I have to admit that the 45 mph speed limit on the parkway is something of a buzkill!Wouldn't it be nice if just one day a year they would raise the speed limit to say,70 or 80?

It is a beautiful area.
Denny,

A group of us rode the BRP from Fancy Gap to south of Asheville in 2012, on our way to EOM. We averaged 70 mph...and had a blast...lucky no LEO's saw us.

Last edited by a moderator:

It is a beautiful area.
Denny,

A group of us rode the BRP from Fancy Gap to south of Asheville in 2012, on our way to EOM. We averaged 70 mph...and had a blast...lucky no LEO's saw us.
You must have had an awesome ride leader!

It is a beautiful area.
Denny,

Ok,Ok...quit padding your self on your shoulder...
stinker.gif

It is a beautiful area.
Denny,

Yes we did...

I got hooked on the Parkway years ago and have been riding it twice a year since the late 90s, never get tired of it. Rode it the week of May 26 and plan to do it again the second week in October. Hope you have a safe and enjoyable trip.