Tank protector / pad

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NC_Yank

Reaction score
My tank protector is at its end and due to the extensive riding I do at time, its common for my inner thighs to be beat red from the heat coming off my tank as it heats as I eat up fuel; as such I am looking for more of a pad / cushion style protector. Any recommendations should be appreciated.

Thanks

Jeff

I just added a Bagster tank cover and tank bag a few weeks ago. I like it a great deal; good fit, easy install, great protection and I like the look. I have Heli bars and was using a Givi bag with the Givi lock system. It greatly lmited the range of motion of my bars; a real problem during slow speed maneuvers. The Bagster tank bag allows for easy removal at fuel stops and ample storage space while not limiting the movement of the bars to the same degree. I'll be selling the Givi bag and tank ring soon.

I have a Bagster cover on my '14 that I have installed a MV Motorrad riser plate.

With the riser plate, figured I wouldn't be able to use one of Bagster's tank bags or tank-ring mounted bags either.

I bought some plastic "d-rings" and quick clips like the ones on a tank bag I have- a Dowco brand, and made some short straps to connect the front of the bag to the tank cover in front and use the original tank bag strap for the rear and it works fine.

On my '03 with a Bagster cover and their Alpha bag, along with 1" bar risers, no issues.