Best place to buy tires?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shuey

Reaction score
So . . . went searching for some Michelin PR4 GT tires today and nobody has them. After many phone calls I thought some might be interested in a snapshot of today's prices from various sources. I can't say the price differences apply to all tire choices, but . . . maybe, worth comparing.

If anyone has other sources to suggest . . . chime in please.

(Note: I rounded prices up to the next whole dollar, adding a penny in most cases!)

Michelin PR4 GT

f: 120/70 ZR17 GT

r: 180/55 ZR17 GT

Distributor Front Rear Combined Phone

Jakewilson.com 132 170 302 (800) 721-8253

compac.com 147 181 326 (800) 543-8208

Motosport.com 336 (866) 677-7338

Bikebandit.com 147 190 337 (888) 339-3888

Revzilla.com 150 192 342 (877) 792-9455

Motorcycle-Superstore.com 152 197 349 (877) 668-6872

CycleGear.com 170 212 382 (800) 292-5343

Shuey

PS: PR4s are backordered by everyone. Bought PR3s to run next.

I've been buying from Jakewilson.com for years. Best prices and arrive free shipping in 3 days max to Newer Mexico, and for some people, it's another country.
smile.png

And if you get tired (see what I just did there?) of ordering from Jake, try Rocky Mountain ATV.

(It's actually the same place, just two different web sites)

I just got tires at jcmotors.com It was a phone in deal to move inventory but their prices are usually competitive

Well . . . I couldn't figure out a way to edit Post #1 to add some additional sources, so:

Chaparral-racing.com 148 188 336 (800) 841-2960

ironpony.com 159 205 364 (877) 799-7669

The other recommendations may be very good. If you have one, make the call and get a quote for the same tires then post it up. It'll give us all a good comparative resource for tire purchases, and, maybe . . . save us a little time.

Shuey

Used to by PR 2's from Murphs Kits BUT he stopped doing tires. Have used Jake Wilson before & they have very good prices & ZERO drama.

I like to deal with one place over & over, easy on me and IF ever a problem comes up a reminder that you are a loyal customer helps grease wheels.

I bought my Michelin PR2's on Amazon.com last year. I also signed up for a month of Amazon.com Prime for FREE for free 2 day shipping. Amazon was the cheapest when you combined the tire price and the free shipping. Give them a look. I shopped around thoroughly and always compare the total price including shipping between sites.

Just received a new PR2 front from Derby Cycle. They are usually very competitive. Other good choices have already been mentioned.

My last 2 sets of Michelin's came from JakeWilson.com

Fast shipping, no problems here.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been buying from Jakewilson.com for years. Best prices and arrive free shipping in 3 days max to Newer Mexico, and for some people, it's another country. :)
Bud,

Go to your closest R and S. Best prices on tires anywhere. They sell them at or below.cost. Whatever you do, don't let them install them at $45 per, on or.off the bike, but I have only ever ordered one set of skins cuz R and S is convenient and cheap. Also, since there's 3 of them in town, each dealer has something different.