Has anyone run Bridgestone T-30s

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

harpo

Reaction score
I’m in need of a new set of tires after a weekend trip through some great roads in North Carolina. My ridding buddy just put a set of Bridgestone T-30s on his St1100 and was blown away by how much better his bike handled than his normal Z6 Z8 combo. My question is has anyone run a set on their FJR and what do you think?

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been running the previous version (BT-023) for a few yrs now and they're good dry or wet, and I got almost 10K miles per set on my ST1100. I will definitely be looking at the T30 for my '05 FJR for my next set. There may be better tires out there but I couldn't ignore the notable price difference between the B-Stones and other tires that I'd seen in the past. Not sure if that's still the case but the T30s are at the top of my list when the time comes for the FJR (and I'm sure I won't get 9-10K miles from them on the FJR).

Mr. BR

The T30 GT is a great tire as far a grip. I have a set that has around 3800 miles on them. The back is into the second layer of rubber, not showing cords yet...but the front still looks good. You could probably do 2 rears, to one front. I will be putting a set of PR 2's on before my next trip to WV. They were fun while they lasted though.

El Torro.... is the BT 30 wearing more even on the front ( no Cupping? ) I've got about 6,500 miles on my 023 front and it looks to go about 10,000 miles but it has starting cupping pretty good, not terrible yet but. I was going to try a BT30 on the front and run the bt23 on the rear. I can get 10,000 on that.

El Torro.... is the BT 30 wearing more even on the front ( no Cupping? ) I've got about 6,500 miles on my 023 front and it looks to go about 10,000 miles but it has starting cupping pretty good, not terrible yet but. I was going to try a BT30 on the front and run the bt23 on the rear. I can get 10,000 on that.
You can get 10K on a BT-023 rear? I was lucky if I got 3500 out of one!

The front is wearing fine...no cupping at about 3800...but the rear is done.

You can get 10K on a BT-023 rear? I was lucky if I got 3500 out of one!
I got 7,500 mi out of my OEM rear and that included the kind of riding we did in NC! BTW, I got 9,200 mi from the front...it started cupping around 4k but not too back and actually got a little better around the 7k mark.

I have not put on the big distances this summer, but I loved the quick turn-in and predictable handling. In past years when I did 20K miles, tread life was the priority. This year the T30 is a great fit, and I have plenty left for inspection this month.

I have not put on the big distances this summer, but I loved the quick turn-in and predictable handling. In past years when I did 20K miles, tread life was the priority. This year the T30 is a great fit, and I have plenty left for inspection this month.
I did enjoy the handling of the T30 GT's...just wished they would have lasted longer.

Damn Tom! You just reminded me that I need an inspection! Sticker says 7/14. Is that bad?

Damn Tom! You just reminded me that I need an inspection! Sticker says 7/14. Is that bad?
No...714's were GREAT!

After 10,000 on BT-23GT's, I put on T-30's. No cord yet on the rear, but it's real close to showing, with 11,000 miles. This is 95% on the hard compound. Just changing the rear, the front's still good. I run 38psi fr. and 46psi rear.

After 10,000 on BT-23GT's, I put on T-30's. No cord yet on the rear, but it's real close to showing, with 11,000 miles. This is 95% on the hard compound. Just changing the rear, the front's still good. I run 38psi fr. and 46psi rear.
Good to hear. I just put on a T30 rear and have a 023 on the front with another set of T30's in the garage in the queue. I hope the T30's last as long as the 023's have for me...only time will tell.

I luv 'em! On mah 3rd set; got 6,200 out outta the rear 'n a little more outta the front on th 1st set. (My last, and this rear got punctures so were run w/ too little psi at times.
sad.png
)

Used to average 7K outta a PRII: I'll sacrofice a little mileage fer much better handling any day.
thumbsup.gif

They're the best handling ST tire, 'n at $220 a set (Or less at American Motorcycle Tire w/ a $40 rebate from Bridgestone?) they're the "value" king.

I just put a set of T30s on the Blackbird. I figured that - at $100+ less than Michelins - they are worth a try.

I went internet shopping for a new rear tire today.

I have a T-30 GT on now which has lasted longer than any tire I have ever had on the FJR.

I found 3 options for the T-30 now.

T-30

T-30 GT

T-30 EVO

Supposedly the EVO version is the T-30 re-engineered for better wet weather performance.

All 3 are available at the same price.

Since all of my riding is solo and I am not a heavy packer I think I can get by without the GT version and am leaning toward the EVO.

Anybody tried these yet?

Just read Bridgestone's blurb on the T30 evo, no mention of its wear, so I would assume you won't get the same mileage out of it.

I'm getting 7K miles out of a T30 front tire, and that matches up pretty good with the Michelin PR2 or PR4. I greatly prefer the handling of the T30 on the front as it wears evenly and has great turn-in and feel.