This FJR community

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MajBach

Reaction score
I just wanted to take a minute to express my appreciation and regard to you all - the members of this FJR cyber community.

I recently returned home from a 10,000 mile trip from Vancouver to Dallas and return. At some point between the 112 F heat in Palm Springs and my "monkey butt" on the PCH, I decided to scout a place park the bike for a few weeks/months, fly home and return at a later date in the summer.

From the time it took to post the enquiry for a storage facility in the area to when I was finished eating my Happy Meal, I had several suggestions and offers. I humbly accepted "Silent"'s offer to store my bike in his back yard until my return. Not only did Ray cut off work early to meet me at home and drive me to the airport, he also kept my battery charged, fixed my loose mirror and picked me up when I returned.

I rarely frequent this forum anymore and haven't for a couple of years, and, most of you are complete strangers to me, However, I've reached the conclusion that most of you would have extended the same hospitality as Ray did had I asked. That's saying a lot and, I'm impressed.

As cheesy as it sounds, thanks again...for always being there when I needed.

Randy

P.S.
Sorry, Jer, I wasn't able to stop by as planned. Got to Salem at the worst possible time and had to press on to avoid the weather. Next time!

YES !! A great community. Kudos to Ray
smile.png

I don't think you can find a nicer, more helpful group of people.

Last edited by a moderator:
I found my self 1200 miles from home and wishing I had brought my larger touring windshield. May not sound like a big deal, but at 80 mph, I was getting beat up by the buffeting of my stock windscreen and wasn't looking forward to fighting it all the way home. I put out a call to the forum, and in no time, a great fella in western Michigan named Charlie came to the rescue to loan my his shield to get me home. 25 bucks (and well worth it) to mail it back, and I was all set.

No place like this place.

Gary

darksider #44

Yep, over the years, I've seen some people here do some amazing things for people they didn't know. They did it just because they rode an FJR and they belonged to this forum. That's why I like this place. :)

We've lost count of the number of times and ways (some big and some small) we've been helped over the years. Hmarc and his wife Wanda were the 1st back in 2004 after our low-side. The list carried on from there. Great peeps all of you
smile.png
smile.png

I don't think you can find a nicer, more helpful group of guys.
helpful group of guys? Oh yeah... the guys... because us ladies suck... not necessarily a bad thing, either.

Majbach, very cool story. The PEOPLE of this community are pretty cool, aren't they? I've accepted the hospitality of a couple of folks on this forum. It was paid forward.

because the statement "guys" always includes women? Lol! You're a silly man. I am just teasing you anyway, Allen... but women are not included in guys... unless you're from NJ.

because the statement "guys" always includes women? Lol! You're a silly man. I am just teasing you anyway, Allen... but women are not included in guys... unless you're from NJ.
As in yooz guys.

Heidi,

"You guys" is generic where I come from...my wife says it to her group of girlfriends.

Back to OP...I agree. Some fantastic people helping others when it counts....it happens more than most know.

The only problem I've got with you ol' buggers is that you've cost me a lot of money, starting with the purchase of the bike!
smile.png
Other than that, I guess you'll do in a pinch. . .

Heidi,"You guys" is generic where I come from...my wife says it to her group of girlfriends.

Back to OP...I agree. Some fantastic people helping others when it counts....it happens more than most know.
You Guys is generic where I come from too. I go back and visit often and as an adult, I'll use the term Guys and Gals every once in a while and they look at me like if I'm from Mars. It even sounds funny as I say it. :)

That explains things. I grew up in NJ.
smile.png

As you know, I have three daughters. I always called them 'you guys' and still do. Of course, I call them other things as well.
innocent.gif

helpful group of guys? Oh yeah... the guys... because us ladies suck... not necessarily a bad thing, either.
flirt.gif
flirt.gif
rofl:
punk.gif
punk.gif
flirt.gif
flirt.gif