Techspec Tank Protector - Which one fits best ?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mtlben

Reaction score
I searched the forum to find-out which models would best fit the FJR, but many older posts have links to web pages that do not exist any more.

TechSpec seems to have 10 generic models, for the center tank protector.

Which one have you ordered, and how did it fit ?

TX

...Ben...

Last edited by a moderator:
Tx for the help.

I ended up ordering the TechSpec. Expecting delivery this week. I am curious to see how it will come out.

...Ben...

I have the snakeskin from Techspec. Moved it from the 2008 FJR to the 2014 without issue. Don't think you can move them many times, but it is sticking great. No issues on the 2008, as glue stuck with the pad and left no marks.

I also cut down the center one a little so it's not so tall. Just personal preference.

To me this is a very quality product.

I have Techspec tank side panels and the saddlebag protector pads on my FJR. I like them a lot but their webpage absolutely sucks. You cannot search through their product line to see what they have, the pictures are incorrect (one picture for all of the various tank protectors) and all of the links I have clicked here just go to their home page. A search for Tank Pro 3 turned up nothing.

How do you guys find these through their webpage?

Dan

After looking at Townsends pic I ordered and installed a Tech Spec tank protector trio. They are pretty neat!

After looking at Townsends pic I ordered and installed a Tech Spec tank protector trio. They are pretty neat!
Thank you!!

I spent more time with masking tape and a ruler to get both sides exactly where I wanted them and to

follow the lines of the bike.. I didn't want anything real big in the back, thus trimmed down

one to fit.

BTW, the Snakeskin, is the top of the line, very thick and very comfy to squeeze

with your knees in the twisties...

One thing I didn't anticipate, if the bike is somewhat dark in color, the black pads, definitly make it

darker looking (you get used to it).

Last edited by a moderator: