I Washed My FJR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Twigg

Just an old, bald man!
Reaction score
Apparently it's blue!

I think I need a lie down now.

Has anyone else ever done anything so drastic?

Hope your bike starts up again. FJRs don't like to be washed.
I have the superior Gen 1 (in blue, I now know), it is NOT an elderly Triumph or an electrically fragile later Gen FJR. Of course it started.

Oh ye of little faith :D

I Washed My FJR
Apparently it's blue!

I think I need a lie down now.

Has anyone else ever done anything so drastic?
Do you want to stop by my house and show me how it's done? I will have my trusty Gen I out in the driveway waiting, I already have it dirty for you :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
I did at least get it dirty riding the wheels off it
smile.png

Anyone for Hancock Pass?

I did at least get it dirty riding the wheels off it
smile.png

Anyone for Hancock Pass?
Well, I might not have ridden down Rim Bender Road like you did on the rally, but none the less I do see some dirt roads. There are no pictures of the really bad roads because everyone was hanging on for dear life. Some assorted roads from various rides, real dirt, not spooge from a paved road:

IMG_9088b_zps2a7c419b.jpg

IMG_9129c_zps6ebccac1.jpg

IMG_8711b_zps9c3aa34f.jpg

IMG_9086b_zpsb01df043.jpg

IMG_0832c_zpsa122339b.jpg

IMG_6691b_zps835ed828.jpg

IMG_9227b_zpsb60ac92f.jpg

IMG_1298b_zps139ac3f9.jpg

Most of the NERDS will recognize the B4 in the lead in most pictures. In the last picture I was adventuring in AZ, just a bit north of the Mexico boarder.

It's taken me a while to get used to the dirt roads. After that mountain they hold few fears.

On my way into Hancock Pass, the first 5 miles is graded, hard-packed dirt like the ones in your pictures. My previous experience was on the Venture Royale, which didn't like those surfaces at all. So on arrival I was a bit anxious ... I needn't have been. The FJR handles them in style, and at speed.

When I finally got back down the mountain, the road I had two hours previously viewed with suspicion, looked like the Interstate :D

I managed an "In-Rally SS1000", reaching the 1000 mile mark in about 23 hours .... Slow, but I was rallying and it included around 50 miles of dirt road, including the mountain.

Wow, Umm, I wash my bike twice a week. I'll wash It twice in the same day if it's gotten really shitty. Have I waxed it? Yes. Many times. It takes longer to get dirty with a nice coat of wax on. I might be and outlier here. :)

Wow, Umm, I wash my bike twice a week. I'll wash I twice in the same day if it's gotten really shitty. Have I waxed it? Yes. Many times. It takes longer to get dirty with a nice coat of wax on. I might be and outlier here.
smile.png
I'm not a freak about it and I own a carwash, my car gets roughly the same treatment, you are right about waxing , it will make it easier to clean and keeps the pours of the paint sealed up, so stuff doesn't stick as easy....

I find that If I wax it a few times a year - I can just take a hot soaking wet towel and pretty much just wipe it down, then dry anything thats on it......

409 or fantastic works great on the wheels to loosen up the brake dust....

I have 3 rides worth of grasshopper guts in a nice green protective array on mine, it's chemical warfare when I wash the prehistoric heads and legs out.

They sunbathe on the road and wait until you are 3' away to jump up, at 75 mph very painful on the shins if not wearing the full boots.