Are factory FZ1 mirrors made by Toyo?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ERS

Reaction score
Just put a set of FZ1 mirrors on my 2006 and am happy with them. These swivel, are vibration free and were easy to install. I even like the look of them better than the GenII Fjr mirrors. I don't see any Yamaha numbers or logo on them but there is a Toyo and some #'s embossed on the botton of the mirror head. Is this correct for factory mirrors?

Just curious.

Rick

Most likely, Yamaha uses many different sub contractors to get to the final product. Example: Nephew (Japanese side of the family) works for a company that does the cams & crankshafts for Yamaha.

Thanks airboss,

I was hoping to hear from someone with these FZ1 mirrors to see if theirs have the TOYO logo also. I can't find Toyo mirrors online so I'm pretty sure they are OEM but I'm still curious.

Thanks for the confirmation Justin, I did search but didn't find a direct reference to the Toyo branding. Any way the FZ1 mirrors are a vast improvement and I would recommend them to anyone tired of watching their elbows!

Rick

You may now ride with confidence. My FZ1's came in genuine Yamaha parts boxes and Toyo and some numbers are stamped on the underside of the mirror housing.

Just took mine off my GenII and put them on my GenIII and yes they are marked Toyo.
Did you have any issues moving them to the Gen III?

I put a set on an 06 Gen II and had to widen the holes just a tad to make it fit. I'm pretty sure they were stock but could have been EMGO's (that was six or seven years ago, not sure) I'm about to order a set for my 2014.

Ordered mirrors from Boats.Net, on Tuesday, IIRC. Got them today. Everything says genuine Yamaha parts and it has Toyo marked on the bottom of the mirror housing as in previous posters observations. I think it took me an hour to do the whole shebang which included running a charger/tire pump/heated liner line from the battery under the tank to under the seat. Taking off the dash was a bit intimidating after reading the Aussie post. I actually found it way easier than my Gen II. Just go slow, apply strong and even force and it pops right out. Tomorrow I'll get to see if anyone is sniffing my tail pipes LOL.