Almost Free Beginner's Motorcycle Course!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beemerdons

Certifiable Old Fart
Reaction score
Almost Free Beginner's Motorcycle Course!

AMSAF Awarded $150,000 Grant to Provide Motorcycle Rider Training Scholarships

July 28, 2014, Peoria, Arizona – The Arizona Motorcycle Safety and Awareness Foundation (AMSAF) announces the award of a $150,000 grant from the Arizona Governor’s Office of Highway Safety (AZGOHS) and the Arizona Motorcycle Safety Advisory Council (AMSAC). The grant, which demonstrates support for AMSAF’s mission of boosting awareness of motorcyclists while reducing rider fatalities, will be used to provide motorcycle rider training classes to the public through a scholarship program.

“We are very excited to have this opportunity to give out scholarships,” says AMSAF chairman Mick Degn. “This will be the largest thing we’ve been able to do to promote motorcycle safety and awareness and to reduce motorcycle accidents and fatalities. This will allow anyone in the state of Arizona to apply for, and receive, motorcycle training,” said Degn. “Their only cost is a $50 non-refundable co-pay.”

Saving money, saving lives

A basic rider’s course can cost a motorcyclist in Arizona up to $300; however, the AMSAF scholarship will enable riders to obtain necessary safety training with a minimal out-of-pocket investment: a $50 co-pay. Every Arizona motorcycle rider or potential rider is eligible to receive the AMSAF scholarship, and can apply by visiting AMSAF online at www.AMSAF.org.

Demonstrating the successful completion of a rider’s skill course, or passing the in-person skills test, is required to earn the (M) motorcycle endorsement on an Arizona state driver’s license. Additionally, many major insurance companies will offer insurance policy discounts for riders that have completed a safety and training course.

The basic rider course (BRC) is a perfect fit for new riders seeking the motorcycle endorsement or for any rider who wants to freshen up their skills.

The AMSAF scholarships were made possible by funds earmarked from the Arizona Governor’s Office of Highway Safety and the Arizona Motorcycle Safety Advisory Council (AMSAC).

About AMSAF: Arizona’s voice for motorcycle safety

Currently, Arizona has more than 3,000 accidents a year involving motorcycles and that number is on the rise. Promoting awareness of motorcycles on the road by drivers, in addition to safety training for riders, are two key ways to reduce accidents that lead to serious injury and fatalities.

Founded in 2011, AMSAF is a non-profit foundation that is focused on reducing motorcycle accidents in Arizona. AMSAF’s goal is to promote motorcycle safety and awareness through education and training. AMSAF rider training scholarships will enhance motorcycle safety by helping to reduce motorcycle accidents in the Arizona.

Visit AMSAF online at www.AMSAF.org to learn motorcycle news and updates. Follow AMSAF on Facebook for more motorcycle rider safety tips at www.facebook.com/amsaf.org

Excellent stuff. Lots to like about AZ, IMO. Except it's so hot there.

My kid heads back down to Flag in a couple weeks and he's been talking about getting a dual sport. Good first step. Thanks.

https://www.amsaf.org/

500 scholarships available for beginners motorcycle course. Tell your friends, tell you kids !

AMSAF Rider Training Scholarships

Now all Arizona residents can apply for an AMSAF Rider Training Scholarship.

Scholarship is open to all Arizona residents 15-years 6-months old or older. More than 500 scholarships are available, so be the first to sign up. A small fee is required at time of course registration. All other costs for the Basic Rider Course is paid for by AMSAF.

AMSAF’s goal is to promote motorcycle safety and awareness through education and training. AMSAF Riding Training Scholarships will enhance motorcycle safety by helping to reduce motorcycle accidents.

Excellent stuff. Lots to like about AZ, IMO. Except it's so hot there.

My kid heads back down to Flag in a couple weeks and he's been talking about getting a dual sport. Good first step. Thanks.
Por favor SacramentoMiguel, but it is a dry heat here in Arizona! jes' sayin' and nuff said, ese!

47dbee0c67b14_58886n.jpg

Very nice Don, hope lots take advantage of this. Very good deal.

I just paid $275 for my Son (Kris) to take the entry level MSF course. It was 2 full days and he said he learned a lot. He also got his road test waived by passing the written and skills test, so officially he is now a licensed rider.

The boy just graduated HS last Month. Growing up fast and 6'3" already!

20140629_151759_zps4e4ec21e.jpg

I guess I never realized this is one area where living in PA works out. In my state MSF course is free to state residents. Only cost is the $15 for a learner's permit.

Did the BRC with my son a couple years ago. Had an absolute blast thrashing a DR200 around the course! After the first drill the instructors figured out I knew how to ride (no cracks from the forum gallery) ...remainder was spent demoing each skill and helping those less, shall we say "inclined".

Washington was running a special at the time too. IIRC was $75 each for the course.

--G