Anyone interested in Coast 2 Coast Rides

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

101stpathfinder

Trading miles for memories
FJR Supporter
Reaction score
I am leaning towards riding a 200ccccc in either September or early October. If anyone is interested in doing any of the Coast 2 Coast rides involving Jacksonville and San Diego,

I would be very interested in doing this ride and sharing part/all of it with another rider / or riders. I am flexible on time, but must work around NAFO and EOM as I am planning on

attending both. Right now the 1st week in September or last week in September or 1st part of October would work as options.

I will be starting my ride in West Palm Beach and riding Jacksonville to San Diego … So anyone could jump in at any coast for their desired ride.

* A 50cc has a required SS1000 or a BB1500 pre-requirement

* The 100ccc or more requires that you complete a Xtreme ride prior (You are allowed to complete a BBG in route for that requirement)

Awesome challenge, and a CC 50 is on my list but the timing won't work.

Just a small correction:

A prior certificate is NOT required to attempt a CC 50. It is not considered an Extreme ride, although the CCC 100 is.

You can, if you wish, get either an SS1000 or a BB1500 within the CC 50, but you probably can't get a BBG within the CC 50 without a prior certificate. Ira Agins would have to clarify that.

Coast-to-Coast 50 Rules are here

Last edited by a moderator:
Darn … You were one of the riders that I had in mind that might be interested.

BTW- Now I remember why I needed a SS1000 first, it was because I had to do the BBG on the way out to San Diego in order to attempt the 100ccc.

I did a SS1000 right before the 100ccc so I could ride a BBG. Ahh… my 1st 2 LD rides!
sadsmiley.gif

I would be interested but timing doesn't work for me either. If you don't get this done this early fall, I would be very interested later fal or in the spring.

Last edited by a moderator:
Darn … You were one of the riders that I had in mind that might be interested.

BTW- Now I remember why I needed a SS1000 first, it was because I had to do the BBG on the way out to San Diego in order to attempt the 100ccc.

I did a SS1000 right before the 100ccc so I could ride a BBG. Ahh… my 1st 2 LD rides!
sadsmiley.gif
I start a new (low-paid) job next week. It will be school hours and vacations. It will ease our finances some but take a few months to get through Christmas and into some kind of stability.

So I would be looking at end May next year ... School will be out and I should have the gas money.

Man, I would love to do that!

However, my wife would kill me for the insurance money, sell my bike to some guy who will paint it pink, just like his poodle Precious, and run off with some Italian guy from New Jersey!

The killing and Italian part I can deal with, but the bike being sold is the deal breaker!

Tony, for the love of God, take a few photos and post up a RR here, so I can live vicariously through your adventures!

Safe travels my friend.

I'm interested in the spring timeframe
Chuck, I am using this ride to find out what I am going to be doing next summer. I have to find some answers, so I figure to plan a "Grind" ride out that requires 8 1250+ days

will surely test my will power.
You in the 2015 IBR?
I was "Drawn" … Yes.

But after my last rally experience (Dropped after 36 hours with no desire), I am not sure that I have it in me. I told my wife she could make the call whether I ride or not, her 1st question was "Do you want to?"

No answer from me yet. We have been doing a lot of 2-up riding lately… kind of nice! I need her support this time around, the '13 IBR sucked without her support. I wasn't sure if I was returning to an empty

house when I returned home after the rally. Alaska is the other option, never thought I would say this, but Prudhoe would be a great ride to retire the '05 with!

I wasn't sure if I was returning to an empty

house when I returned home after the rally.
It's funny (well, not really funny, but you get what I mean) you say this, because I felt the exact same way with my non-supportive girlfriend & the house after riding out in Wyoming for two weeks in June.

I wasn't sure if I was returning to an empty

house when I returned home after the rally.
It's funny (well, not really funny, but you get what I mean) you say this, because I felt the exact same way with my non-supportive girlfriend & the house after riding out in Wyoming for two weeks in June.
Then you know It can really drain you when you are trying to reach deep to overcome down times within a demanding ride. The IBR last year was not the most difficult

"Physical" ride I have done, but it was the most mentally challenging ride. I came to really HATE checkpoints!
uhoh.gif

I'm pretty sure much of the LD Riding would lose a lot of appeal for me if I didn't have Jodie at home, following the Spot and cheering me on.

Definitely tempting, but I'm not sure the timing is right for me either. Good luck Tony with the ride Tony!

Hell Yah! The Candy Butt Association PreZident is IN!

Now then let's see, we leave in Sept, arrive at the wrong coast in, what, say December?
flirt.gif
no.gif
flirt.gif
Don, You owe it to your FJR, I mean hanging out under 200k? JamesK is laughing his _ss off - I can hear his laughter carry clear across the ocean!

It is driving me crazy to see my clock stuck at 191k … FOREVER it seems…

I was "Drawn" … Yes.

But after my last rally experience (Dropped after 36 hours with no desire), I am not sure that I have it in me. I told my wife she could make the call whether I ride or not, her 1st question was "Do you want to?"

No answer from me yet. We have been doing a lot of 2-up riding lately… kind of nice! I need her support this time around, the '13 IBR sucked without her support. I wasn't sure if I was returning to an empty

house when I returned home after the rally. Alaska is the other option, never thought I would say this, but Prudhoe would be a great ride to retire the '05 with!
Are you allowed to SELL or RAFFLE off your drawn spot?
rolleyes.gif