Skully Helmets available for pre-order

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been getting emails from them. The prices are crazy, but we figured they would be. I do like that if I can get 5 of you to buy, I could get a free one. Now I just gotta remember who here has lotsa extra cash laying around.

I'm getting ready to list their address as SPAM. Oh well.

For that kind of $$$, I will take an AGV Pista GP. And I wont have to wait 9 months to get it.

I unsubscribed today.
Ditto. Now that the price is out, I'm sure their unsubscribe list will grow exponentially. Still, it they could get it competitively priced with other high end helmets, it would be cool for those that like all those gadgets.

Ya know, I'll bet if they could incorporate a tire plug monitor in this thing, Fred W would buy one!

Last edited by a moderator:
Meanwhile, back on planet Earth ... I buy motorcycles for that kind of money, not crash helmets.

You could see her pretty face...partially (mostly) obscured by a helmet. If Bust is your pillion, you will want all the obscuring you can get.

Yep, I figured it'd be high too, but holy hell! And I'll be glad to be done with the daily blizzard of their emails too.

I've been wanting to see the Reevu helmet in person someplace, since they've been talking about it for years. Pretty similar benefits, just much lower tech. Still, I'd never buy ANY helmet, at any price, without seeing how it feels on my head.

For that price you'd think the shell would at least be made from carbon fiber instead of polycarbonate. Ach du lieber!

Don't forget that in addition to a helmet you get a GPS, a rear-feed camera, Bluetooth, music and even Internet (via phone). Even for all that it is too expensive for me. Maybe when it has been out awhile, others have gone through all the growing pains, they have more colors to choose from and the price comes down some.

Personally I think it would be a distraction to my peripheral vision. Too much data to process (and compartmentalize) IMO; I'm getting old I guess.