Event matrix for the board

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cav47

Adventure Seeker
Reaction score
Just an idea.

Being new to this forum and the "Lifestyle" (not sure exactly what this means, but I did get to go to Florida, Deal's Gap, The Black Hills, and California-so I already like it). With as many Events, Meetings, and other stuff that goes on with the Industry, there is just so much to potentially do if you want to ride/drive there. So what I am proposing is some kind of visual calendar in PDF form. (Still can't get away from the teacher/coach organization in visual forms).

I think it will benefit the Board, Members, and Potential Members. Our lives are busy for one reason or another, but mine has been improved already by some meet ups, advice, and fellowship provided by the board and it's members. I know you can sift through the board sub-topics to find the events. With the mile munching ability of these bikes; a thousand mile last minute trip is totally doable. I am even trying to figure out a way to re-arrange my masters class to make it to LaCross.

I have started my own Event Matrix on paper because I want to make sure I give myself a chance to hit the events available. I still haven't figured out how to host pictures yet, but as soon as I do, my ride report from this summer is coming with pictures. Pictures are the visuals that everyone loves.

So let's see if we can get something going like this.

Tag! You're it, Cav. That is just the best idea I've heard in a long time. One stop shopping. It'll be awesome. :)
The kne stop shopping is what I was thinking. Te board does have a calendar feature. I was just messing with it, but either my iPhone or something else is preventing me from adding events to it. Maybe I need a magic post # or something. I will try on the laptop tomorrow.

Next month there is the SFO, NAFO, EOM, and I bet a few more. I would like to be able to just take a look at what is going on within about 500 miles. I can do that on Friday morning and since I can leave school at 2:00. I can be a lot of places by 9:00 that night.

SFO is 488 miles

EOM is 550 miles

NAFO is 427 miles.

All doable trips in 3/4 day. Gotta pick my poison

Do like I do for the monthly reports.

Spreadsheet. Print to PDF. Convert to JPG. Upload to a host site. Insert it into a post as a pic (using the URL link to the hosted pic).

Last edited by a moderator:
Do like I do for the monthly reports.
Spreadsheet. Print to PDF. Convert to JPG. Upload to a host site. Insert it into a post as a pic (using the URL link to the hosted pic).
I got all the same steps down except the UPLOAD TO A HOST SITE. I use my phone for almost everything web related. Is there am easy free app for uploading pics from my Iphone??

Photobucket. The app has an upload from mobile button that works very well. Then the "share" button gives you address formats for different media. One button copies the one you want and you post it here.

It's a little more work from a phone; especially if you're using the mobile version, but it's doable.

OR, just go to the "Ride Planning and Event" section and look at the areas near you. I read Southwest and California unless I'm looking for something specific. Each meet has its own sub-forum, so just follow the ones near you or the ones that interest you.

OR make a high speed matrix thing. I can't wait to see it.

Tag! You're it, Cav. That is just the best idea I've heard in a long time. One stop shopping. It'll be awesome.
smile.png
+1, Gunny; this is a fantastic idea for the FJR Forum Cav, I really do hope you can get this up and running! Here are the dates for SW-FOG in 2015: May 28 to 31. JSNS!

Plus, an FJR Forum Dirt Bike Ride to Real de Catorce/Huasteca Potosina, Mexico: March 9-18 of 2015. There will also be an FJR Forum Couples Run to San Miguel de Allende in Central Mexico in 2015: October 24 to November 1.

I did notice that at the top of the page there is this tab:

Forum_zpsdc0650ee.jpg

And it leads to this page:

Untitled_zps71e8fcdd.jpg

Which looks like a pretty good place to put things in a schedule. I haven't played with it and don't know the limits such as having two events on the same day/week. Anyhoo, it's a thought.....

I did notice that at the top of the page there is this tab:
Forum_zpsdc0650ee.jpg

And it leads to this page:

Untitled_zps71e8fcdd.jpg

Which looks like a pretty good place to put things in a schedule. I haven't played with it and don't know the limits such as having two events on the same day/week. Anyhoo, it's a thought.....
Yo Alan, I just tried to put SW-FOG on the Calendar but I had no luck. But then again, I am computer stupid. Why don't you try and add SW-FOG to our FJR Forum Calendar for me, I will buy you a brew or ten when I see you next! Dates for SW-FOG 2015 are May 28-31, location is Kanab, Utah. Thank You and Pretty please ionbeam! JSNS!

The add function on the calendar doesn't work for me either, Don. Maybe it requires Admin. priviledges.

Well, it was a good idea. But. The calender event (single, range, repeat) buttons do not work because there is no coding (background software commands) for the buttons. I dunno if this is because the feature isn't enabled or if the calender function isn't fully installed. In any case the calender function would need Admin intervention to get it to work. I know that there was a lot of effort to get the Forum to run at an acceptable speed and this feature may have been a victim.

The ball is back in Cav47 court.

Edit to note that Geezer had a similar cross post. I suspect that he knows a thing or two about software ;)

Well since Cav does everything by smartphone, do as I do.. enter them in your phones calendar app. Whether (weather, lol) you go or not, the trip with comments like your mileage-to and back etc., can all be in the events notes for that date range. Reminders popup also (settings).

Only downfall is that it is not public, outside users can't add dates/events, you would as you do now with paper? Can't say it's much nicer or easier than this, and our smarties are always with us right?

jus my $.02

Cav, if you get all the info and send it to me, I'll put it in a spreadsheet then post it in this forum. I used to do a lot of excel work and reports and still use it for personal stuff so this should be easy.

Cav, if you get all the info and send it to me, I'll put it in a spreadsheet then post it in this forum. I used to do a lot of excel work and reports and still use it for personal stuff so this should be easy.
Good Man Allen_C, I'll buy you the beers I was going to give to ionbeam! Alan, you still get a pink lemonade with a cherry! JSNS!

Alan, you still get a pink lemonade with a cherry! JSNS!
Just don't try slipping me any Kool-Aid. I'm fine with my beer being redirected to Allen.

Go to any of Fred W's posts and click on the NERDS smilie in his tag line. There are possibilities for using something like this to keep schedules.

Since the events are already posted in their respective areas, Please send reminders/info in PM (and not to this thread). That will keep the thread easier to follow for anyone interested.

Cav may step up and away from this. If so, he'll let everyone know to stop flooding his PM box.

Thanks for your consideration.

As for the calendar, let me see what's up with that and get back to you. Adding any type of event simply gives a blank screen in Firefox. The thing is an "Ap" and is set to "active". Beyond that there don't seem to be additional configuration tools in the standard UI. I'm bumping it up the chain.

Latest posts