Y.E.S warranty question

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flyinlow

Reaction score
Are you supposed to get something from Yamaha when you purchase the extended service warranty? I sent D&H a check a few months ago and its been cashed, been trying to get a hold of them but have been unsuccessful.

You should get a card (business card size) w/model, dealer no., serial no., date sold, plan purchased, expiration date and a place for your signature.

Are you supposed to get something from Yamaha when you purchase the extended service warranty? I sent D&H a check a few months ago and its been cashed, been trying to get a hold of them but have been unsuccessful.
I purchased my 48 month Y.E.S. and the 24 month extension from D & H...never had any problem.

Something doesn't seem right, I call the toll free number, it rings about 10 times and then you get a busy signal. If I call their local number, it rings once and then a busy signal.

You can call Yamaha direct and give them your VIN for your bike and they can tell you if the warranty is valid.

I purchased a YES warranty through my dealer, hadn't received any paperwork or the warranty card so I called Yamaha, they sent me the paperwork & card. Then, about a month later I got another envelope with identical documents.

Maybe it's more of an issue on Yamaha's end, not the dealer getting the documents to you.

Called Yamaha, verified I have the warranty, they said I should have received the paperwork mid July. They are going to resend.

My papers took awhile to arrive, About the time it started to bother me they showed up in the mail. It took just over 4 weeks if I remember correctly

I purchased my YES through D&H as well, it did take about 2 mos. for it to show up.

They have always answered the phone however, that part is even more strange.

I never got any paperwork from anybody. But, I was in the Yamaha system and never had any problems. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I just called D&H yesterday and asked about the YES. Still the same price.

I sent in the check this morning. :)

Ray

I sent in the check this morning.
smile.png

Ray
I'll be riding down there next week (passing thru) and stopping to purchase the YES for my '13.

Any of you guys done a YES transfer. My local dealer wants $50 to do the transfer but the service dept said sales handles it. and Sale said the service dept handles it.

Any of you guys done a YES transfer. My local dealer wants $50 to do the transfer but the service dept said sales handles it. and Sale said the service dept handles it.
I did one on my 07 when I sold it and will be doing one tomorrow for my 13. I don't remember a transfer fee but I do remember that Y.E.S. requires a dealer service inspection to transfer the warranty so I guess if they didn't want to do the inspection for free there may be a small charge for inspection and paperwork.

I did a transfer from a prior owner to me on one of my 07's and the dealer did not charge me. In fact they knew the bike and me as a customer on my prior FJR and did not even inspect the bike. I bought an extended YES for that bike through D&H and it took approx. 2 months to get the card and paperwork from Yamaha not D&H. The YES on my 14ES was done through the dealer where I bought the bike. It took about 5 weeks to get the card and paperwork from Yamaha.

When I bought the YES extended warranty from D&H I asked them when the warranty would become effective. They told me it would be effective in conjunction with the expiration of the current warranty. When I got the paperwork from Yamaha, that is how it was arranged. D&H is truly an asset to us FJR owners. My dealer gave me a bull shit story about the cost telling me it was a $1000 value he was throwing in on the deal. It pays to shop around!!

Purchased mine in person at D&H day before yesterday. $389 for 4 year. Nice people to deal with

OH, and they have several FJRs and Super 10s in stock if anyone is looking to buy.

I sent in the check this morning.
smile.png

Ray
They don't take visa over the phone? I think I'm going to get it soon too...
I didn't ask. But I suppose, that at that low of a price, they probably don't do CC due to the fees involved which would cut into an already low (guessing here) profit.

Called up D&H a few days ago and they verified that everything was in and I should be getting documentation in about 2 months give or take.

Ray

My papers took awhile to arrive, About the time it started to bother me they showed up in the mail. It took just over 4 weeks if I remember correctly
^ this

i think it took about 2 months for mine to come in via D&H. but then i waited about 6 months of more during the first wave of PdP orders for the gen 1 (also cash through D&H).

They were a cash-only business back then to get the best prices.

Sounds like they were having phone problems based on the description. It would have told you if the number was no longer in service.

Latest posts