How many miles on the 2014 stock tires?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Changed the rear at 7.5k and the front at 9.2k. Lots of two up and/or spirited riding but the center of each tire is what wore the most. I currently have the GTs mounted and have about 5k on the rear and 3.3k on the front - I should get a little more out of the GTs than the oem's.

I got 8,400 on both ('13), and changed due to cupping. Put on GT's and got 10,000 on rear (showing cord) and close to 12,000 on front. Just changed to T30's to see how they compare to GT's.

On my 2014 ES:

4,087 and I was down past the wear bars on the rear.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got a bit over 8000 miles on the stock tires on my '13. I love touring mode!

Currently over 6000 on a set of PR4GT's. That looks like they should easily go 12000.

On my 2014 ES:4,087 and I was down past the wear bars on the rear.
Wow! Must be because you two ride like bats outa hell. ;-)

What are you running now and how are they wearing?

LOL

As I recall, Allen you ride at a fairly brisk clip also.

Currently we have Michelin PR 2's on the rear & Pirelli Angel GT on the front.

Only have about 500 miles on these tires so far.

We're saving the tires for the 11 day vacation we are doing in September (to GA & EOM).

We typically ride into November; so by then, I'll have more to report on as far as tire wear.

I did not like the Bridgestones.

Hmmm, I actually like the OEMs...like them so much that I bought and currently have mounted 023GTs' and have another pair of regular 023's waiting in the garage! When I stop getting decent wear and grip out of the 'stones and find other tires at a good price I'll experiment.

I've only got 4,500 miles so far and the rear is doing good. The front is cupped bad and causing head shake. I run 39/42psi religiously.

I'm going to put on a used PR3 on the front that I have in the garage very soon.

I have a set of PR4GT's to put on after the rear OEM 023 is ready for replacement.