• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Wanted - Loaner or Rental FJR for Weekend

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

a.droid

FJR Supporter
Reaction score
Want to see if anyone might be willing to loan or rent out their FJR for a weekend trip. Priorities haven't allowed me to buy another FJR since last October and the buddies are doing a weekend ride Sept 19-21. I could rent a Harley, but that's not my taste.

I will of course cover full insurance and hand you a deposit prior with a rental fee.

Sacramento Ca. area.

Just thought I'd try.

I'm renting that bike next week! Flying into SFO driving to the east bay area to get the bike then taking it up to Tahoe. The owner ran a motorcycle rental biz but has mostly shut it down except for a few bikes. Therefore, he only accepts cash for the rental, requires a check for the insurance deductible and adds some annoying fees. But, his total cost is only slightly more than another bay area company that only offers an ST1300 for their non-HD choice.

I'm renting that bike next week! Flying into SFO driving to the east bay area to get the bike then taking it up to Tahoe. The owner ran a motorcycle rental biz but has mostly shut it down except for a few bikes. Therefore, he only accepts cash for the rental, requires a check for the insurance deductible and adds some annoying fees. But, his total cost is only slightly more than another bay area company that only offers an ST1300 for their non-HD choice.
I have had good luck with California Motorcycle Adventures Their rental rates were good and they offer a lot of free services. They picked us up at the airport and drove us to the shop (free). They stored our luggage in a secure area (free). We got good travel advice. The motorcycle was clean and in good working order, which isn't always a given. We had a choice of trunks for the bike (free). After we turned in the motorcycle they drove us to our hotel and dropped us off (free). The only thing that could have gone better was getting the wrong tank bag because the bigger bag I was supposed to get was on a bike that was over due coming back.

I believe that ^^ is the company I looked at with the ST1300. The BMWs were a little too pricey for our multi-day rental needs.

Almost all motorcycle rentals are serious $$$.$$. However pricy CMA is, their prices are comparatively good and their extra freebies are very convenient. But, if you have a line on a less expensive bike that is in good mechanical condition, with good tires and a recovery plan should the bike not finish the trip, go for it.

Allen - I'd be interested to read about your experience with this rental outfit.

Since taking off 3 weeks to ride the PNW seems to be totally out of the question for the next 5 years, maybe I can shave off a week by flying to SFO and renting a bike.

Just dreaming...

Allen - I'd be interested to read about your experience with this rental outfit.
Since taking off 3 weeks to ride the PNW seems to be totally out of the question for the next 5 years, maybe I can shave off a week by flying to SFO and renting a bike.

Just dreaming...
I will post my experience with them here!

I have family in CA and would like to be able tent a bike from a good place at a good price, since time usually will not allow riding mine out to the left coast.

I would love to rent a bike there sometime and tour around Lake Tahoe! It's on my bucket list!!
bike.gif

Am lucky enough to have done the Tahoe loop a couple times. *Checks bucket list*

I'll leave feedback here. Spoke w the owner today and seems a pleasant low key fellow.

The $202 a day seems to include all the misc fees from our discussion. Not bad all in all.

Last year one of the guys rented from Folsom HD. If you pick up the bike at 8am, you have to have it back by 5 or it's considered another full day rental @$159+/day.

These are full 24 hour cycles w this shop.

@hppants - I have previously rented bmw's twice from Long Beach BMW, at the times I rented they were a fracnhise of Eaglerider.

absolutely the best experiences I have ever had. I rented a BMW R1200RT(superb) for one 7 day tour from and another day trip on a BWM f800st. (ah... a little too many miles on this one)

But it does save you travel time and they picked me up and dropped me off at Long Beach airport both times.

I highly recommend renting if you don't have the time to get your own bike to Cali..

Also there is a great article in this months Rider mag. about "chaptering". Which was coincidentally perfect timing. Chaptering is where you ride your bike some place far away, then store the bike and fly home, and come back to get your bike when you have more time to continue the trip.

I recently rode my FJR from Bozeman to Lido Beach NY, visited with family, then flew home to work a few more weeks. I am flying back on the 29th to ride back to Bozeman over the course of 10 or 11 days...