Open House and Barbecue at Clearwater Lights 9/20

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SacramentoMike

Not Safe For Work
Reaction score
I just talked to Glenn at Clearwater. He asked me to extend an invitation to the forum to come out to his shop on Saturday, September 20. It's a really nice barbecue. He'll do some tri-tips, some chicken, salads and rider-friendly drinks--on the house, of course. I went to one a couple years back and vouch for his grilling skills.

There'll be door prizes--good ones--and he's doing what he's calling a "Scratch and Dent Sale" on slightly damaged stuff. Just blemished, really, and like all his products, fully backed by him. Other surprises? Dunno, but he might have one or two of the umbrella girls that he's had at his booth at the International M/C show. OK, he didn't say anything about that to me, but maybe he'll see this post and take the hint. ;)

Good chance to ask any questions, see the new warehouse (moved last year), and scarf good food free.

He asked that attendees RSVP at (916) 852-7029. Please.

It's not easy to find, but just Google 11305 Sunrise Gold Circle, Unit D, Rancho Cordova, CA. That will get you to the street in front, but you'll still have to go up a driveway between two other warehouses to find theirs in the second row of buildings. I hope some of you local or fairly local folks can make it. Too bad for me I'll be in New York State on my 7-week circumnavigation of the U.S.A. by then.

Mike, if you're passing through Pittsburgh on your trip, drop me a message and I 'll set you up with at least a free night's lodging. Maybe ride out a ways. I'm on US 20 east of Pittsburgh and east of the turnpike.

I'll miss Glen's BBQ this year, but it has been known to produce lights at group buy and better prices.
smile.png

Mike, if you're passing through Pittsburgh on your trip, drop me a message and I 'll set you up with at least a free night's lodging. Maybe ride out a ways. I'm on US 20 east of Pittsburgh and east of the turnpike.
I'll miss Glen's BBQ this year, but it has been known to produce lights at group buy and better prices.
smile.png
You're already on my list, Tom.

...Too bad for me I'll be in New York State on my 7-week circumnavigation of the U.S.A. by then.
Mikey, I already miss you.

biggrin.png
Come with me, Mikey. Bring Laura. edit: send Laura.

You didn't even need to reply. I knew you'd be there. Glenn's laying in a few extra pollos.

Last edited by a moderator:
As a point of clarification for us "fairly locals," what is Clearwater?
Rancho Cordova, Hans. Abuts Sac on the east, right off Hwy 50.

An easy ride for you. You can split lanes all the way.
smile.png

edit: just noticed you said "what" and not "where." But answered already. And by the way, don't doubt for a second that a set of these, especially the big honking "Erica's" shown in ionbeam's post, make lane splitting a much nicer experience.

Last edited by a moderator: