To Denver from Phoenix and back.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bhendron

Reaction score
I recently took a trip up to Denver for my Mom's 60th birthday. Each way I stopped in Durnago to spend the night. There's not much to tell, but I thought I'd share some of the pictures:

Day one, on the road and still in some pretty desolate AZ/NM territory:

IMG_2578_zps4c392d6d.jpg

This guy was next to a place I stopped for gas:

ColoradoTrip007_zpsc53be912.jpg

At this point you may be wondering what those packages are riding pillion. It's a lamp I made for my mom's birthday gift packed in two boxes. I may as well show you:

phtyoto2_zpsb77a9af9.jpg

I stopped at this place near Buena Vista for lunch:

IMG_2610_zpsbbde1073.jpg

This place was crazy with little bits a pieces tucked into every corner an ceiling space:

IMG_2608_zpsce8e90cc.jpg

I took leave of my recent vegan ways and ordered a breakfast burrito. And damn it was good.

IMG_2609_zps36a5fcd6.jpg

I made it to Durango later on and stopped into the Durago Brewery for dinner. Sorry no food/beer pjorn:

IMG_2588_zpsaea3b89d.jpg

Next day's ride included Wolf Creek Pass, Pagosa Spings, and Alamosa:

Here I am heading out of Durango:

IMG_2592_zps462cc5fa.jpg

More beautiful scenery for most of the day:

IMG_2603_zpsa0701596.jpg

Just outside of Pagosa propper, I saw this balloon practically sitting on the water, I did a quick u-turn for the photo op:

ColoradoTrip001_zpsb8c20cb3.jpg

Some bucolic scenery on the other side of Wolf Creek pass:

ColoradoTrip004_zpse42c1968.jpg

ColoradoTrip006_zps3f270cb6.jpg

I spent a semester at Adams State College in Alamosa and cruised by my old dorm for a picture:

IMG_2606_zpscaee00bd.jpg

In case you're wondering, that legged fish on the trunk of my bike says "Dudeism" as in The Dude from the Big Lebowski. It's wearing sandals :) .

I took fewer pictures on the way back. I did stop at the Coyote Cantina again for lunch. It just seems to work that way :) . One parting shot; HWY 666!

IMG_2637_zps33c3e024.jpg

Wow - I spent two nights in Alamosa last week - did a day tour on the Cumbres and Toltec with my dad (which was a very cool train ride!) and got to sample the town's hospitality. There are actually a few good places to eat but the whole place is about 2 minutes long. What do the college kids do there for fun? Seems pretty short of entertainment value ....