FJR1300 Adventure series 1.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fjrob1300

Frost-back1 IBA 34867 / Brown Sider 002/ Dark Side
Reaction score
If you wish to see this bike go to fjriders.com . Look under CFR. FJR1300 Adventure series 1

I'd post it here but nothing seems want to work for me here anymore.

HOLY CRAP! I thought I was seeing things! I think one of those passed me heading into Port Hope Simpson on the TLH earlier today. Some guy in a blue 'stich...

Post help:

DSCN0827_zpsadc4008d.jpg

SAM_2511_zps94352718.jpg

Thanks Mcatrophy. For the life of me I can't get this forum to let me post pics.

Good for them!! This is just me saying this, but a 700lb dirt bike might get a little hard to handle. I have been on dirt and gravel before with the FJR, it might be difficult to handle the ruts that likely will accompany those roads. More power to them.

Cav47. We had a great day. Road over 800kms of dirt and gravel rd. the FJR did much better than the KLR that's hanging with us. A couple of sphincter moments but , all in all no problem.

The FJR should not handle as well as the KLR. I am guessing it might have a lot to do with the rider!! Testament to you riding the beast!! What other mods did you make?? Off road is appealing, but no doubt the bike will fall over and that is where the fun ends!!!! Picking up that bike on uneven terrain could prove difficult by myself which is likely. No one I know would ride with me on the FJR and if they did ride in the dirt, it would not be possible to ride as slow as I would be going!!!

I've related this before, but it seems apt to do so again here. The fastest ride on the Dalton Hwy from Deadhorse to Fairbanks that I am aware of was made by John Ryan on a FJR running Metzler 880 tires. John called me at my house in Fairbanks from the Napa in Deadhorse at 9PM. At 3:45AM he arrived at a car wash on the east side of town. He had gone 500 miles, about 350-360 of which were on dirt, in the rain, stopped for fuel in Coldfoot and averaged 74 MPH. It's all about the rider.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cav47 our KLR rider also owns an FJR. We are not in the woods riding but on the Trans Labrador highway. It's all gravel but looks like a highway. The road is soft, fresh graded to hard pack with what I'd call marble effect. I'd post my spot here but the site wont let me. Go to the link above in post 7. We were riding anuwhere from 40km per up to 120km per. In rain and in dry. Dusty to muddy.

I wish I had video of Jeff doing a pothole induced tank slapper at about 80km. Then later myself pulling out of a power slide in the marble side of the road while a pickup passed by.

I wish I had video of Jeff doing a pothole induced tank slapper at about 80km. Then later myself pulling out of a power slide in the marble side of the road while a pickup passed by.
Tres Muy Macho Magnifico Muchachos, doesn't get much tougher a ride than the Trans-Labrador Highway! Good Work Hosers, HotRodZilla would've been crying like a little girl 50 klicks in!

jes' sayin' and nuff said, Beauty eh!