Forumites interested in Crown King Dirt Bike Ride on any Sunday up to 9/21?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beemerdons

Certifiable Old Fart
Reaction score
Any AZ Beemer interested in a Crown King Dirt Bike Ride on any Sunday up to 9/21? Back Way Up, Front Way Down!

I last rode the Castle Hot Springs route to Crown King in 1999 on my 1996 BMW R1100GS, interested in doing it again!

Possibly...I've heard enough about the degree of difficulty on the back way that I'm not sure of the Tenere is the right choice, which would leave my non-street legal quad as my alternate choice...

Gonna try to join. Will let you know as soon as I know for sure.

Sounds great Steve, I was hoping you could make this ride; since I last rode it 15 years ago I have forgotten the exact route, plus I'm Senile besides that! JSNS!

Last edited by a moderator:
A sunday ride I just might be able to join you guys. I will let you know but I would not go back the front way. I will hit some other trails and return somewhere near Lake Pleasant. If anyone wants to join me they are welcome to but you will probably need your big boy shoes.

Sounds good Drew, it's looking like a GO for Sunday, 9/7. Open for suggestions regarding a meet up spot, Carefree Chevron or Lake Pleasant Marina Road?

Steve, thanks for posting up; I'm too OLD-SLOW-CREAKY to attempt this back road to Crown King, I'll post up a ride Front Side to CK, then Senator to Mayer!

IMG_5001_zpsda122673.jpg

Steve, thanks for posting up; I'm too OLD-SLOW-CREAKY to attempt this back road to Crown King, I'll post up a ride Front Side to CK, then Senator to Mayer!

IMG_5001_zpsda122673.jpg
I'd be in for that. I know the ST will make it to Crown King via Bumblebee, and I still need to tackle the Senator!

Don, you'll put an eye out........
Guys, I am going to move this event to Sunday, September 14. I am also going to change the routing, an early departure from the I-17/AZ-74 Chevron up the Front Side with our Breakfast in Crown King. Then up the Senator Highway to Mayer, stopping for a soda and a snack there.
https://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1004280

I turn 66 years old on 10/28, I no longer have the strength, endurance and skill set to ride the back road to CK on my "Miss Piggy" F650GS Twin. Es Muerte!

IMG_4918_zps5e66446a.jpg

Guys, I am going to move this event to Sunday, September 14. I am also going to change the routing, an early departure from the I-17/AZ-74 Chevron up the Front Side with our Breakfast in Crown King. Then up the Senator Highway to Mayer, stopping for a soda and a snack there.

I turn 66 years old on 10/28, I no longer have the strength, endurance and skill set to ride the back road to CK on my "Miss Piggy" F650GS Twin. Es Muerte!
Define "early", you didn't put a time there Papa Chuy!

Bryan, let me talk to Claire, Brian, Bob and rest of the AZ Beemer Dirt Donks. I was thinking leaving the Chevron at I-17/AZ-74 at 0800. Does that work for you?

Bryan, let me talk to Claire, Brian, Bob and rest of the AZ Beemer Dirt Donks. I was thinking leaving the Chevron at I-17/AZ-74 at 0800. Does that work for you?
0800 works for me!

Bryan - AVGeek, the road from Crown King to Prescott may still be impassable due to the recent monsoon storms. Mudslide Miller has proposed an alternate routing for us:

Don, I'm still in for something off-road. We'll see what develops from this. Maybe after Crown King from the front way, back across Bloody Basin & down to Camp Creek/Carefree. Don't know if there's been any rain damage to those routes.

Gary later today I'll post up the 9/14 ride under a separate header in Upcoming rides. I'll incorporate your suggestion into my proposal. Is 0800 depart OK?