Skully AR-1

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richouse

Reaction score
Now that these helmets are being sold I'm wondering if anyone here is going to get one? I am very intrigued by it but I just can't bring myself to spend that kind of money on a helmet, especially since I just bought a new Shoei last year. I would like to hear/read a practical report on it. It looks like to me that the camera on the back is at such an angle that it would work great in a tuck position (like riding a sport bike). Seems to me that riding in a more upright position (like on the FJR) the camera would be looking at the road behind the rear tire. I'm interested to know about battery life (real life practical battery life). Also, since it is voice controlled I would like to know how that works with different dialects especially in a loud environment, say inside a helmet at 100+ mph...

The rear camera is "ultra wide angle" ... not sure what that means, maybe like a fish-eye lens? ... which would not help all that much at any distance.

I don't really see how it is better than just looking in the mirrors. It would distract me to have to focus on the rear view just as much and there is always the risk of something going wrong with the technology.

The price seems out of line since an add-on rear view camera for a car is under $100 including the display.

The price seems out of line since an add-on rear view camera for a car is under $100 including the display.
But can you fit one of those displays inside your Shoei?

Just being a techy guy, I'd be interested in trying it. I can't imagine it being useful enough to spend the money on it, but doesn't mean it isn't cool or has some useful features. I'll be looking for some reviews, but I doubt it is possible to get any video of what the user sees going down the road. There has to be a first. If it proves to be worthwhile, the competitors will come out and the prices will come down.

That and I ride with a pillon 90+% of the time, what good is that camera then....?
You mean if it's pointed down a bit?
rolleyes.gif

fuck them high $$$ helmets, any good helmet will do. Are all of you guys moto gp and superbike racers on the weekends.

Bling is for bitches !!!!!!!!!!!!!

That and I ride with a pillon 90+% of the time, what good is that camera then....?
Since it is bluetooth it would be cool to link the 2 helmets for an intercom then link the camera of the pillion to the display of the driver via that bluetooth link.