Anyone Tried Whistler WHL-80 Helmet Safety Light Yet?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PapaUtah

Reaction score
Has anyone here managed to acquire one of these and if so how has it worked for you? I am interested...just not sure I want to be the guinea pig...

Whistler-WHL-80-motorcycle-helmet-brake-light-on.jpg

Whistler WHL-80 Helmet Safety Light

Last edited by a moderator:
I went on the internet and could not get any rider experience with this product.

Unless someone else chimes in, your it.

It looks good, in the sense that anything that gets you noticed is good, but I just googled it and it came in at 139 bucks! That seems way high for what it is.

But I'm always looking for a cheaper alternative, and I've actually thought of trying this before anyway. Got a bicycle? Got a clip-on flashing taillight? Why not try clipping that to the collar of your jacket or something? I sure see those bicycles way the heck out there on the road at night--like damn near a mile away. And you can stick it in your pocket in the daytime, or move it back and forth between the bicycle and the m/c.

It looks good, in the sense that anything that gets you noticed is good, but I just googled it and it came in at 139 bucks! That seems way high for what it is.
But I'm always looking for a cheaper alternative, and I've actually thought of trying this before anyway. Got a bicycle? Got a clip-on flashing taillight? Why not try clipping that to the collar of your jacket or something? I sure see those bicycles way the heck out there on the road at night--like damn near a mile away. And you can stick it in your pocket in the daytime, or move it back and forth between the bicycle and the m/c.
I googled compsource.com and found them for $84.

fly

I looked on comsource, nothing there. do u have the web link for that?