Foot peg wear bolts.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Abercrombie FJR

Reaction score
What's with these wimpy foot peg wear bolts on the gen 3. They wear out mighty quickly unlike the earlier versions that were much more robust.

I changed these foot peg feelers out on the 13 while mounting the new Bridgestones for the new owner before shipping to Phoenix last week.

What's with these wimpy foot peg wear bolts on the gen 3. They wear out mighty quickly unlike the earlier versions that were much more robust.I changed these foot peg feelers out on the 13 while mounting the new Bridgestones for the new owner before shipping to Phoenix last week.

...and I'll bet you told the new owner, that the bike was never ridden aggressively.
rolleyes.gif

Looks like you need shorter ones! Or, maybe you could get someone to weld on some hard facing.

What's with these wimpy foot peg wear bolts on the gen 3. They wear out mighty quickly unlike the earlier versions that were much more robust.

I changed these foot peg feelers out on the 13 while mounting the new Bridgestones for the new owner before shipping to Phoenix last week.

...and I'll bet you told the new owner, that the bike was never ridden aggressively.
rolleyes.gif
I only rode it to the grocery store, church on Sundays and to CFO, EOM, and SW-FOG with you clowns.

I think I can count on one hand how many times I have scraped a peg since I GP'd my suspension, but I ride slow, though.

I think I can count on one hand how many times I have scraped a peg since I GP'd my suspension, but I ride slow, though.
I was hoping the new ES would be better also but the other day I took it out on my motorcycle training range to play with the suspension settings. I found it still was very easy to touch down with the preload set to two passengers with luggage, dampening force set to HARD +3.

What's with these wimpy foot peg wear bolts on the gen 3. They wear out mighty quickly unlike the earlier versions that were much more robust....
Do the Gen II ones fit?
(Click on image for larger view)

Gen II . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Gen III